Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off to Bible as a halloween treat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 204 Replies
11 moms liked this
If you come begging like a vagabond for something at my house on my property, then it is not shoving religion down your throat if what I hand out is a Bible. You came to my house, you chose to ask for a treat, because no one is forcing you to ask them for anything.
This has nothing to do with anything except the fact that 90% of the commenters kept saying she was shoving religion down someone's throat.
When you are in someone else's property you are subjecting yourself to their beliefs (whatever they may be).
If you don't like it, throw it away like anything else you don't like. You would never throw a twix back in the face of the person that gave it to you, so why this?
I find it funny how so many claim to not care about Christianity, but have such a vitriolic reaction to Christianity.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:11 AM
6 moms liked this
Yup. Keep going. You're really helping to improve my view of Christians. Especially the evangelicals.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM
16 moms liked this

Just turn your bloody porch lights off and save the speeches and pandering for another day.

Some of you are sincerely laughable yet embarrassing to the rest of us Christians.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not that op.. The fact is, there is no reason to wish someone personal or property harm over a Halloween treat that you begged for

Quoting Libby22: Yup. Keep going. You're really helping to improve my view of Christians. Especially the evangelicals.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you.
I haven't read that post. Halloween doesn't have to be all candy.
I'm not handing out candy this year, but if I chose to hand out bibles then that's what I'm giving, skip my house if you don't want your child to have a bible. Find another house.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:15 AM
I honestly wouldn't care, my children get candy they don't like but they don't make a big deal out of it. This would be no different in our opinion, it's not up to us what other people choose to hand out.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I never responded to that post nor would I ever threaten such things over a silly bible. I would return it or discard it with the other suspicious looking treats. Your statement sounded equally as vitriolic as those which you oppose.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not that op.. The fact is, there is no reason to wish someone personal or property harm over a Halloween treat that you begged for

Quoting Libby22: Yup. Keep going. You're really helping to improve my view of Christians. Especially the evangelicals.
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

there is a family that always gives out tracts and cookies with stickers...honestly people, what is the big deal here? are there not far more important things in this world?

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Halloween isn't begging that is the difference.  If you hand out a bible I would politely decline and move on but it is about getting treats and candy, a bible is neither and pushing religion.  It isn't warranted and has nothing to do with Halloween and I am a Christian.  They have the right to hand out whatever they wish but it isn't really appropriate and they should be prepared for the backlash of it.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM
What is laughable is your entitlement that makes you think someone can't give you what they want

Quoting PPCLC:

Just turn your bloody porch lights off and save the speeches and pandering for another day.

Some of you are sincerely laughable yet embarrassing to the rest of us Christians.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
because Halloween is about candy, period. if you've lived in this country for more than a week, you know this. If you have a thing against candy for health or whatever, turn off your light and don't participate. Don't suck the fun out of it because of your own issues.

Eta, as far as getting candy you don't like, you can trade that with friends. You certainly can't sit down and say "I'll give you my new testament and a toothbrush for your old testament and 2 pencils"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)