Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel it's ok for Christians to celebrate Halloween?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm genuinely asking a question. My husband is religious somewhat and I'm not. I don't really celebrate Halloween but my babies, they say they want to celebrate this year. I'm seriously about to buy them costumes and take them trick or treating. I know my Husband will be pissed but I love my babies and this little thing will make them happy, then I don't see why not. 

How do you feel about Halloween?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM
Celebrate anything you want, however you want.
I'm atheist, and my family celebrates a winter feast very similar in tradition and timing to Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM
We're Christians and we celebrate. Halloween has become a fun and commercial holiday - nothing evil or satanic. I do have rules regarding types of costumes (nothing gory or scary). We go trick or treating and dress up....my kids are going as Steve from Minecraft, Elsa, and a fireman.
astheworldspins
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:19 AM
As a Christian, we love Halloween. My kids love dressing up and getting candy. We're not exactly doing Satanic rituals.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:19 AM
I'm catholic and have always celebrated Halloween, most Christians I know do. The only religions, if I'm not mistaken, that doesn't celebrate any holidays is Mormon and LDS. I was mistaken I meant Jehovah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:19 AM
If someone wants to, why not?
Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:20 AM
We are Christians and we do. I've always celebrated Halloween, it's fun.
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:20 AM
We're Christians and we celebrate. Our church had a fall fest every year. The kids get to dress up and play games and get candy. We also have door prizes, free food and a wall climb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:20 AM
I hate Halloween. We are going to a harvest carnival at church this year. We try to make it more fall than Halloween.
A_McCool
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM

As a non-Christian, I feel that Christians should celebrate any holiday they want.

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM
People should just do what makes them happy when it comes to harmless activities. If you're Christian and you don't celebrate Halloween, you'd better not celebrate Christmas, either, in the traditional Xmas tree -and-presents way. I assure you, pagans were behind a lot of little Christmas traditions; they celebrate Yule (usually on Dec 21, non-pagans just know it as the first day of winter) close to the same date as Xmas and many of their nature-oriented traditions got mixed in with Christmas traditions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)