Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat question. Quick, please! edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
Okay, first of all, I want my child to be safe. That's why I'm asking this, so if it's a bad idea just say so. Don't freak out. I'm asking because I don't know.

So, my one year olds car seat got left on the porch last night and it rained. Even though our porch is covered, it for wet on one side. I have to HAVE TO be somewhere at 1030. I have a graco nautilus seat. Would it be safe for him to ride in that seat to go into town for an appointment? Would it be unsafe? I thought of just putting a towel in his seat, but I don't want it to be unsafe.

Edit
Okay. I just ended up getting his dry with a blue dryer on a low setting. It was fine. To the last who insists that the seat sat out in the yard and got doused in rain.. No, that's not what happened. It was in my covered porch and rain blew in and got one part of the seat wet. The harness did not even get wet, much less the entire seat soaked in rain. Chill the the hell out. He was in his own seat, we made it to our appointment. Everything is fine lmao.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:39 AM
The Nautilus is in good shape and is not expired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Ask in the car seat safety group. I don't leave my seats outside so I've never had this issue. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't get past a one year old in a Nautilus. You can't be serious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:42 AM
I don't either. If this was a regular occurrence, I would probably know how to handle it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ask in the car seat safety group. I don't leave my seats outside so I've never had this issue. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:42 AM
Uh.. What is weird about that?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I can't get past a one year old in a Nautilus. You can't be serious.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:43 AM
No. Straps can't be submerged or soaked in water. It weakens the webbing. Go to the car seat safety group for more info.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
He isn't in a Nautilus. You can't get past me making sure something is safe or not safe before I do it? Okay.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I can't get past a one year old in a Nautilus. You can't be serious.
KiddieRN
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:43 AM
The cover and straps can get wet, just don't machine wash the straps. It's fine, but sitting on a towel isn't considered safe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)