Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He just called me mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
So I have been in the step kids lives since ss was 4 and sd was 2. They are now 16 and 14. We have had them every weekend and many times during the week when their mom doesn't want to care for them and all summer and winter break. (her exact words are "come get these damn kids. I don't want to see them for the rest of the week."). So when she called me and dh a few weeks ago ranting and raving about we needed to get the kids we just thought it was her being her.

When she showed up the kids were outside and so was all their clothes and some of their other belongings. She came out and said she won't have such unruly and hateful kids. Apparently this time ss didn't want to go to his step dads families bbq because he didn't want to be the one responsible for his 2 years old sister. Sd didn't want to go because she and I were supposed to go shopping for her new bras. We didn't know anything about this bbq until right then. They said dad and T/mom wouldn't force us to take care of or do something we don't want to like you always do.

Ss and sd said they finally will move in with us. We have been telling them they are welcome to live with us for year. Begged them too. We have went to court trying to get physical custody many times. We always lose. Okay fine. So they have been here for quite some time. Sd had always called me mom. Bm is okay with it and I have always tried to encourage her to call me by my name or come up with something different. She said years ago I'm mom and that's what she is calling me.

Ss has always called me by my name. No other but my first name. Last night sd and dd were in their room watching a movie. Ss was snuggled up on the couch with me. I get up and ask if he wants anything to drink. He says "can I have the rest of the ginger ale?" I am in shock but say nothing more than okay because I don't know if it was a slip or not.

I fix our drinks and sit back down. He says thanks mom. And hugs me. This morning he said I love you mom. It made me happy and my heart just warm. I told dh about it and he says he isn't surprised because ss talked to him about it. He won't tell me what all ss said but something along the lines of T acts more of a mom to me than mom does.

Bm has always said the kids can call me whatever they want she doesn't care. I'm just so surprised he finally called me mom. I know he says he likes it better here. He has a room to himself and doesn't have to share with his sisters and he isn't embarrassed to have friends over. Sd is happy to not have to always cook dinner and do all the laundry.

Anyways. I just wanted to share my happiness with ss. I love this silly boy so much. I promised him that tonight we will play an hour of video games together. After all chores are finished.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:33 AM
That's very nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:43 AM
He is an amazing kid. They both are.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: That's very nice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)