Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

today i stepped on the scale

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

And i was not happy !! Any suggestions ladies please with weight loss ?Im 5ft 2 and weigh 203 help!!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgiefae
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Don't do what I'm doing now and eating halloween candy that my boss just threw at us..

lol 

Sorry.  Eat healthy and be active, make sure you are burning more calories then you take in. 

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Take it one day at a time. Cut down on sugar-based drinks (pop, gatorade, etc). Find out if you have eating problems (like carb eating when sad or stressed), work on identifying stressors and coping with them without food. Perhaps track food through myfitnesspal.com or similar. 

Don't get upset over bad days, just wipe the slate clean and start over. Make manageable goals and celebrate when you reach one.  

Good luck!

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Count calories and exercise. It worked for me.
DragonGirl319
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Start making changes that you can sustain for a lifetime. Make a list of current eating issues, and how you will change them. (drink too much soda - drink water, tea and occasional Zevia soda), (eat too much candy - eat fruit when I want a sweet), (eat too much processed food - eat whole foods) then implement one at a time and stick to it for a couple of weeks until it is a habit, then move on to the next one.  It will take a while for each one to feel normal and tasty, but it does happen.  While doing this, make a small plan to exercise more. Just small things like 10 squats before you get in the shower.  Walk around at work every hour, etc.  Small things are really what make the difference.

KAmamaJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:00 PM
eat a healthy diet, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat, lots of water. Start adding in physical activity, walking, go to the gym if you have one, swim, run, take classes at the local Y, whatever you can do. Cut out processed foods, junk/fast foods, and sugars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Countess79
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Cut out all candy, cookies, baked goods and especially soda..

Then have normal healthy meals..  veggies, protein and some small quantities of starches or carbohydrates..

leeshuh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:06 PM

This is excellent advice that I will be following-thank you!

Quoting DragonGirl319:

Start making changes that you can sustain for a lifetime. Make a list of current eating issues, and how you will change them. (drink too much soda - drink water, tea and occasional Zevia soda), (eat too much candy - eat fruit when I want a sweet), (eat too much processed food - eat whole foods) then implement one at a time and stick to it for a couple of weeks until it is a habit, then move on to the next one.  It will take a while for each one to feel normal and tasty, but it does happen.  While doing this, make a small plan to exercise more. Just small things like 10 squats before you get in the shower.  Walk around at work every hour, etc.  Small things are really what make the difference.

DragonGirl319
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:11 PM

You're welcome.  I started a year ago doing these exact things. Im not always faithful to them, but I do them most of the time.  I've lost 30 pounds.  That isn't a lot, but Im 51 years old, and menopausal, which really slows down the weight loss.  So if it works for me, it can work for anyone.  Also, make sure you are getting protein at every meal. That really helps  boost your metabolism.  Even 15 grams per meal is great... (that's one container of greek yogurt!!)

Quoting leeshuh:

This is excellent advice that I will be following-thank you!

Quoting DragonGirl319:

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:13 PM

I am 5' 3" also and was 195 before and after I had my 2nd baby (gained 30 in pregnancy but lost that fast). I am teetering on 179 right now but have lost inches and this is what I am doing. Gave up all soda 2 months ago. I only drink water or lightly sweetened tea and my one cup of coffee in the AM. Meal prep and low carb high protein. I make sure to eat 6 times a day or try to stick to certain times. Breakfast at 8, 10 snack, 12 lunch, 2 snack, 4 (sometimes) then dinner and not again after. Finding time to workout with kids is so hard so I'm doing the 30 day shred DVD. Entire workout is 25 mins and you will sweat you butt off! I am seeing results too. The main thing is it's 80% diet 20% exercise, so you have to focus on diet first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Those are my numbers but this is not my post. It sucks, I'm trying to start with small changes and I'm walking a lot more. It's all about the food though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)