Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't understand the issue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
DH and I have been together over 3 years. He and I have had a joint banking account together for quite sometime now. I hate to say this but he's horrible with money, he likes to spend and then thinks about how much he shouldn't have spent. Well with me being in charge of paying all the bills, I move the money around to make sure we have enough to cover our bills, whether it's moving the money to the savings or withdrawing it and putting it to the side until its needed. It was never an issue until this past weekend. He for once actually checked the banking account and noticed their was money missing and reamed me a new ass over it. Yes I'm sure some will say I'm wrong for not telling him but this was the only way to insure that we weren't going to lose our place to live which in my opinion is more important than whatever he wanted to spend it on. What would you have done?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM

i have done and would continue to do exactly what you did if necessary...but you should probably explain why you did it

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Laughed at him until I shit myself, probably.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:41 PM
I did it explain it to him and he said it was his money and he could do as he pleases with it.

Quoting phoenix7:

i have done and would continue to do exactly what you did if necessary...but you should probably explain why you did it

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM

i think you should be honest with him about why you have to hide money. transparency, particularly regarding finances, is very important in a healthy relationship. honestly, i think he has a right to be mad. while your reason may be just, it was how you went about it, all sneaky like, that is probably upsetting him.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

How about set up 2 accounts. One for bills and one for other stuff. Dont give him a card for the one for bills. Just set up everything up automatically and transfer the money into when its needed.

mama2KiraEthan
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I always move the money to a diff account for bills and household.

SamMom912
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:47 PM
I just love some of your responses!

Yeah, i too would have laughed... Then sat his ass down & had a good looong talk about RESPONSIBILITY.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Laughed at him until I shit myself, probably.

sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:50 PM
I don't know how some of you women can keep from breaking out the belt and beating your husbands' asses for being so GD stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:53 PM
It's very challenging sometimes . He's friggin 34 years old, he knows how things work. My rules has always been I don't care what he does with the money AFTER the bills are taken care.

Quoting sandylanes270: I don't know how some of you women can keep from breaking out the belt and beating your husbands' asses for being so GD stupid.
sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. Still having to convince a grown man to be a grown man.

I'd humiliate him in front of everyone until he acted right. My patience level for man-boys is at a -1,000,000.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's very challenging sometimes . He's friggin 34 years old, he knows how things work. My rules has always been I don't care what he does with the money AFTER the bills are taken care.

Quoting sandylanes270: I don't know how some of you women can keep from breaking out the belt and beating your husbands' asses for being so GD stupid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)