Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Short Man Syndrome

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Real?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:56 PM

In my experience, yes.  The short men I've encountered have been cocky and mouthy.

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely.

My dad (6'4") told me as a teen about "SGS" (short guy syndrome).  I didn't believe him.  I have only dated two guys shorter than me (I'm 5'8") but both were total dicks.  And I've met way more than that.  It's like having a small dog who barks a lot to compensate for their size.

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Absofreakinglutely. Lol The fight that, ultimately, broke my ex and I up was about me wearing heels to my brothers wedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Napleon Complex
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:57 PM

it can be, yes. most short men i know in a professional setting are gigantic assholes.

that said, my dad is a short guy and is the sweetest and kindest man, would give the shirt off his back to anyone kind of guy.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, but there was a study showing it as a self fulfilling prophecy. People expected short men to be cocky and treated them accordingly, causing the men to adjust their own behavior in a constant circle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM
Wow! I dated a guy who was the same height as me in high school 5'6" and I wore heels.

I have known a few jerks who were little Mexican men, with chips on their shoulders. I think small men, shorter than 5'2" have real issues.

Quoting Momtoone07: Absofreakinglutely. Lol The fight that, ultimately, broke my ex and I up was about me wearing heels to my brothers wedding.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not like a clinical syndrome that just causes men to act like idiots because they are short, but men can be very insecure about their heights, so if a guy is short, he may feel like he has to compensate in other ways-- including being macho, etc. All kinds of people act/do certain things to make up for their insecurities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM
That's interesting. Did they say at what height they were considered short?

Quoting B1Bomber: Yes, but there was a study showing it as a self fulfilling prophecy. People expected short men to be cocky and treated them accordingly, causing the men to adjust their own behavior in a constant circle.
NinjaDeathKitty
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I dated a guy who was shorter than me, and he was too nice, I walked all over that poor guy. He was the exact opposite of this theory, so I'm in the minority on this one, I guess. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)