Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh has had a religious conversion and won't leave us alone about it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Well, I don't know if I'd call it a "conversion" since he was always nominally Christian, but completely non practicing.

In the last year, he's been attending services 3 times a week and is gone pretty much all day Sunday. That's fine, I don't mind being in charge of the kids. Except that now he's pestering me and the kids to come and getting pissy when we say we don't want to. Him and I always agreed that the kids would make their own religious choices. They went with him once, found it incredibly boring and not something that interested them and have no interest in going back.

He's angry we aren't interested in bible studies as a family. I'll talk religion with him but he gets upset when I debate, argue or say I don't want to discuss the more socially conservative stuff. He's basically a completely different person from the man I married and its beyond frustrating. Our sex life is even suffering since the church he's going to doesn't believe in birth control for anything but serious health or financial constraints and I'm certainly not going off that and bringing a baby into this.

It's so frustrating and I don't know what to do about it. I've suggested counselling and he'll only agree to speak to his pastor or a Christian one, and they're obviously biased in this case.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Try the pastor or find a counsellor who considers themselves 'christian counselling'
They might surprise you, but if they don't just don't go back. Say we tried your pastor now let's try a therapist.

Does he pick up new hobbies often?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM

I would divorce.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)