Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have had your wisdome teeth taken out......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

How long did it take the swelling to go down?

I have to get 4 pulled on Friday morning and was planning on coming back to work on the following Monday.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends how impacted & difficult they are... You may be a tad swollen still...
Good luck!
Remember NO drinking thru straws!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:16 PM
I had 3 removed all impacted, I really didn't swell but was in severe pain for quite awhile. I'd give yourself a few days longer, I wasn't able to fully open my mouth for 2 weeks and couldn't eat solid food for just as long.
Mrs.Wilk32
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM
I had little to no swelling when I had mine pulled. Good luck!
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:18 PM
I had all four removed early in the AM, and woke up the next day and went to my classes.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:19 PM

I don't remember there being any swelling. I had all 4 done at once and they were all normal exractions. I didn't have any inpacted or any other kind of problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:19 PM
And no soda or smoking. Soda gave me 3 dry sockets and no one told me it would cause them.

Quoting SamMom912: Depends how impacted & difficult they are... You may be a tad swollen still...
Good luck!
Remember NO drinking thru straws!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:20 PM

I got them done two at a time. The first two, no swelling. (Only one was slightly impacted).

The second one... it took a couple of weeks to go completely down. One was completely impacted (all the way on the side and deep down). It took about 30 minutes of cutting and drilling just to expose the tooth, so there was significant swelling.

I couldn't fully open my mouth for a few weeks. I had to talk through my teeth.

BoogsBun
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:20 PM

I had all 4 of mine taken out, but they weren't impacted. They were already all the way out, so they got pulled like regular teeth. I was swollen for a few days, sore for a couple more days after that. My biggest worry, was they whole dry socket thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:20 PM
I had mine surgically cut out, it didn't bother me at all. I played in a basketball game that same evening. It effects everyone differently
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:21 PM
I had all mine done. Two were impacted so it took a about a week for the swelling to go down. Top two I was ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)