Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How f***** up would I be to drop a client 2 weeks before the event that I was hired for?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:51 PM
  • 61 Replies
This woman, gotdamnit.
She has been wasting my time for a month and a half now.
Backstory: she's an inspirational speaker who contacted me to style her for her red carpet & speaking appearance at a conference in November.
I've meet with her 3 times since then. 5 times were scheduled. She was late or stood me up completely twice (today was one of those days).
Now mind you, I charged a fee of $250 each time someone doesn't keep their appointments
It's stated in the contact.

I've done my work. I've gotten her everything she needs and her dresses came in on Saturday. Which is why I scheduled a fitting for her today. I waited and hour and a half (our appt time was for noon, but she asked me to get there at 11:30).
She has proven to be unreliable since the beginning, but I took her as a client because of her clout.
I'm over it. She's giving me a headache.

So my question, should I just drop off the dresses, and be done? Or carry out my obligation?
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Carry out your obligation. You got paid for every time she didn't show so not a waste. Money is money even when it comes from a pita.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:55 PM
True.
I have other clients who have gotten a backseat to her, and I could actually do my job to those who actually value my time.
But I guess you're right.
She's such a pita though lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Carry out your obligation. You got paid for every time she didn't show so not a waste. Money is money even when it comes from a pita.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Just continue to do your job and you will get paid for those times she doesn't show.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:01 PM
The money is noce, but when she's late or a no-show, she takes me away from more money and other clients who actually value my time. Kwim?
But I will carry out my obligation, unless... something else happens like this. And I'll let her know.

Quoting alexmom529:

Just continue to do your job and you will get paid for those times she doesn't show.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:01 PM

You have a contract so you need to fulfill it.  I know she is not but you are still being paid.  Your reputation would take a hit if you quit.

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:01 PM

u need to carry out ur obligation

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:03 PM
New thought!
I could just have one of my junior stylists finish her.
While I focus on my other clients.

Thoughts?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You have a contract so you need to fulfill it.  I know she is not but you are still being paid.  Your reputation would take a hit if you quit.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:03 PM
You follow through and collect payment for no shows. If you drop her, you'll breach the contract.
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:03 PM
Is she is paying for the times she is a no show then keep her as a client. Someone who has that kind of money thinks their time is worth more than everyone's so you are going to run into that.
RebeccaRaeV2
by Bex on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM
I deal with those types of people on occasion, twice and they need to find another person. However, since she's been paying you a late fee and you know her general habit of being late, I'd just free the day I book her and carry out my obligation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)