Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your fave gift and why?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
Around this time last fall, dh and I went to a hockey game. In between periods, we stopped at the gear shop. I told dh I wanted a fleece zip up team sweater to wear on warm fall days and again in spring. I tried on the biggest size they had in women's and it was too small. I was bummed out and refused to buy a men's size.

Soon after, I dedicated myself to making healthy changes in our diets and started working out and lost some weight. Not fitting the biggest size really gave me the push I needed to start focusing on my health.

Early spring, a package comes for dh. I called him while he was at work to let him know and he said to go ahead and open it. I opened it to find that exact same sweater that I tried at the game! Only, one size smaller! And it fit!! God, was I ever excited!

Dh has given me so many gifts over the years. Diamonds, jewellery, etc that were a lot more 'valuable' but this sweater is my favourite gift anyone has ever given me by far.

What's the greatest gift your dh/dw has ever given you and why do you treasure it above all others?
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ms_amanda
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Bump
ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:09 PM

teapots/kettles, candles, pretty containers made out of wood, glass, or metal, books, stuffed elephants - i just realized exactly how odd i am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)