Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plastic on the windows

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Does it really help keep the heat in?  What kind do you use?  How do you get it to stick to the window frame without damaging it?  I have never tried it before but I want to save on our heating cost

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:53 PM
It helps. There's special tape that holds it in place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:53 PM

bump

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:54 PM
We did that growing up. It seemed to help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Never helped us because the kid never left it the fuck alone and would break it within a week lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:55 PM
My grandparents did that when I was little. I have no idea how effective it is though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:55 PM
I does help. I used them in the winters before we got new windows. I just went to home depot and found the section with weatherproofing stuff. Then I looked at all of them, bought one, followed the directions.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:55 PM

It does work. We get it from home depot. It has this tape type stuff you put on, the put the plastic on it and use a hair dryer to make it tight.

onlyhalfsane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM

yes it helps. I spend the extra money to the kind that you use a hair dryer to heat strink it. I forget what its called.

There's a special tape you use for your basic plastic but I personally don't like that kind cause I can't see out the windows.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Seagodess:

It does work. We get it from home depot. It has this tape type stuff you put on, the put the plastic on it and use a hair dryer to make it tight.

Thank you.   I thought about putting up blankets because no matter what, my daughter's windows leak out air and her room gets so cold but I want the natural light to come through, you know

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Yes it absolutely does help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)