Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice or.do you.know anyone.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I am a beautiful person who can not stop picking at her face. Along with every where else too. I don't do drugs, but my skin would tell a different story. I cant quit. I need more advice than to see a therapist. Do you know anyone? What is their reasoning.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Wear a hair band on your wrist. Snap it hard every time you start to pick. Try hypnosis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:42 PM
I pick too, it's a nervous habit for me. Therapy might be a better idea than you think. If you have an SO, get them to help watch you and stop you from picking. It's also helpful to redirect that nervous activity with your hands to something else. Good luck.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:44 PM
I don't pick my face but I do pick the skin on the sides of my fingers, it's something that started as a child to cope with stress/anxiety. Nothing I have tried stops me from doing it. Sorry, I wish I had some sort of awesome advice ):
corticosteroid
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM

It's just like any other addiction, I'd suggest cognitive behavioral therapy combined with a support group.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:57 PM
I do it. It's horrible. When I start I try and find something that keeps my hands busy. But I never thought of what anon 2 suggested. I might try that too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM
I thought about wearing gloves.all.the time so I could not feel for imperfections

Quoting Anonymous 2: Wear a hair band on your wrist. Snap it hard every time you start to pick. Try hypnosis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM
He tells me everytime. I still do it.sadly.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I pick too, it's a nervous habit for me. Therapy might be a better idea than you think. If you have an SO, get them to help watch you and stop you from picking. It's also helpful to redirect that nervous activity with your hands to something else. Good luck.
morgiefae
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I know you said no therapist but I do recommend one if you're not seeing one already, I have a good friend with this problem and its managed through therapy as well as anxiety medication.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)