Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't give me that bulls*** 👊😒

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:13 PM
  • 38 Replies
My daughter has a kidney issue she's not 4 months yet and gets admitted to the hospital often . I try my best to keep my cool but the quickest way to poss me off when I bring her the the ER is when someone tells me they'll 'try' their 'best' to only have to poke her once for her iv . Like bitch of you can't do it don't try on my baby she's not a fucking lab rat . I understand the students have to learn somewhere and try it on someone but no you can't 'try' shit on my child . You can do it or not do it . And I don't go for that 2 tries per nurse . I cry because it's so hard to watch her go through this as it is and to inflicted more pain on her for your learning purposes is NOT okay with me .... Okay I'm done ranting . I'm not trying to bash the nurses I understand they are just trying to do their job it's just irritating to hear that when we come in . I'm thankful to the 3 EMT people who got it in right after 4 nurses tried .
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strawberryLVR
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:16 PM

it's actually hard to draw blood form a baby, yes it totally sucks your baby has to go through that but unless you have training and know how hard it can be. Their veins are so tiny!

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this
You are everyone's worst nightmare. A nurse of 10 years can still miss. A student can miss. I'd love to see you do it yourself. You know where I never miss? Their forehead. That's there I stuck babies in the nicu because it's a one time deal and their moms still had a fuckin fit.

People like you are the reason people like me with RN chose to work on computers instead.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:19 PM
24g all the way

Quoting strawberryLVR:

it's actually hard to draw blood form a baby, yes it totally sucks your baby has to go through that but unless you have training and know how hard it can be. Their veins are so tiny!

StarWilliams
by 💅StuckUpChick💁 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:19 PM
I know that's why I always try to stay calm its just so hard come the 2nd poke I start sweating and getting mad . They try using the light sometimes it helps but other it just doesn't matter . I understand they are hard to see and they roll and blow but damn it's getting to much to take .

Quoting strawberryLVR:

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Do you realize how tiny babies veins are? I get that you're frustrated, but even the most experienced nurse can miss... Especially on a young baby.
StarWilliams
by 💅StuckUpChick💁 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM
I believe you and last night was my first time ever getting upset about it . I didn't say anything to them because I know they are trying . They did ask is if we wanted it in her head her dad said no . I just cried . But I don't say anything because I know they are trying and it's only to make her feel and get better . Thanks for doing your job . I know it can be hard .

Quoting Elle.tea.22: You are everyone's worst nightmare. A nurse of 10 years can still miss. A student can miss. I'd love to see you do it yourself. You know where I never miss? Their forehead. That's there I stuck babies in the nicu because it's a one time deal and their moms still had a fuckin fit.

People like you are the reason people like me with RN chose to work on computers instead.
StarWilliams
by 💅StuckUpChick💁 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:23 PM
I know that's why I never say anything it's just trying . I honestly wish it was just a one time poke then she's done . But it never is .

Quoting Molz09: Do you realize how tiny babies veins are? I get that you're frustrated, but even the most experienced nurse can miss... Especially on a young baby.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Just let them poke her head. It's the best place and they don't rip it off.

Quoting StarWilliams: I believe you and last night was my first time ever getting upset about it . I didn't say anything to them because I know they are trying . They did ask is if we wanted it in her head her dad said no . I just cried . But I don't say anything because I know they are trying and it's only to make her feel and get better . Thanks for doing your job . I know it can be hard .

Quoting Elle.tea.22: You are everyone's worst nightmare. A nurse of 10 years can still miss. A student can miss. I'd love to see you do it yourself. You know where I never miss? Their forehead. That's there I stuck babies in the nicu because it's a one time deal and their moms still had a fuckin fit.

StarWilliams
by 💅StuckUpChick💁 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:27 PM
They showed us the vain and talked to us about it but her dad was NOT having it . If it came to do or die id do it no second guess .

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Just let them poke her head. It's the best place and they don't rip it off.

Quoting StarWilliams: I believe you and last night was my first time ever getting upset about it . I didn't say anything to them because I know they are trying . They did ask is if we wanted it in her head her dad said no . I just cried . But I don't say anything because I know they are trying and it's only to make her feel and get better . Thanks for doing your job . I know it can be hard .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:27 PM
I completely understand how hard it is on you but they really are trying their best. Try to be patient with them and comfort your baby as much as you can during the process.

When my 3 month old was in the hospital it took so many tries to the point the phlebotomist was in tears. She paged the head phlebotomist (not sure of their proper title) to have her do it because she couldn't bare to keep trying. Seven people tried that day. My husband finally spoke up and asked them to please wait until a bit later when she was calmed down again. Once they got her to the pediatric floor later that night the nurse got it in first try.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)