Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH refuses to sell car.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I got him a car for 3500$. He lied about the extent of his insurance overlap issues. He hasn't been able to get coverage. He owes 2k.

I told him to sell the car and start over with saving. He refuses. That was two years ago. The car is still sitting in the yard.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:19 PM
Is it in his name or yours?
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Why didn't you just put the car and/or insurance in your name? It makes no sense to have a car just sitting there rotting...

raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:21 PM
If the car is in your name, just sell it. I'd also be questioning though about why he lied about the overlap to you. That's pretty shady to lie about that. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Fuck that. He always fucks shit up. It's on him.

He had the money but didn't pay the bill.

Quoting Famousglm714:

Why didn't you just put the car and/or insurance in your name? It makes no sense to have a car just sitting there rotting...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM
His name. I don't drive.

Quoting angelachristine: Is it in his name or yours?
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Fuck that. He always fucks shit up. It's on him. He had the money but didn't pay the bill.
Quoting Famousglm714:

Lol. I'd just sell it. Sign his name. I doubt he'll call the cops or anything. Or even scrap it. 

MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:23 PM
If it's in his name there is nothing you can do. Let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:23 PM
I thought we'd paid it all off. If I'd known the extent of it I'd gotten a cheaper care. I had 3k. He picked the most expensive used car on the lot.

Quoting raye-chan: If the car is in your name, just sell it. I'd also be questioning though about why he lied about the overlap to you. That's pretty shady to lie about that. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:24 PM
I'm not quite sure where the deed is. I'll look for it and the keys. Marital property.

Quoting Famousglm714:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Fuck that. He always fucks shit up. It's on him.

He had the money but didn't pay the bill.

Quoting Famousglm714:

Lol. I'd just sell it. Sign his name. I doubt he'll call the cops or anything. Or even scrap it. 

raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:24 PM
That really sucks :/

Quoting Anonymous 1: I thought we'd paid it all off. If I'd known the extent of it I'd gotten a cheaper care. I had 3k. He picked the most expensive used car on the lot.

Quoting raye-chan: If the car is in your name, just sell it. I'd also be questioning though about why he lied about the overlap to you. That's pretty shady to lie about that. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)