Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so scared! Talk me down!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My tooth broke this weekend, and I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to get it fixed. I'm so scared! I hate the dentist, terrified of them!

What will happen? Will it hurt?

Yes, I know I'm a baby!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM
Help!
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM

I love the dentist. I have an odd obsession with clean teeth and the scraping away the plaque brings me great joy lol

They can numb the area before doing any work. The Novovain shot might hurt a little, but it will keep you from feeling pain while they fix the tooth. Most dentists are used to nervous patients, so they'll probably be able to put you at ease.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Are you getting a crown? How are they going to fix the tooth? depends on alot of things..but yeah, it's going to hurt pretty bad when they numb you..but after that, you will be fine.

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:43 PM
If you have that much anxiety about it maybe call your doc and see if you can get something like lorazepam or Xanax to take before hand?
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM
What are you having done? A dental implant? The dentist will numb you up before they start working on you.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM
Some dentist will give you medication to calm you down if you're freaking out. Ask.
sparklystars
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM

well where did it break? I mean is root exposed? It'll be fine. They will numb you up and get you fixed. You can ask for something to take the edge off before you come in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:46 PM
I have a standing scrip for Valium with my dentist, lol.
TxCowGirl07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:47 PM

It will be ok..  a DDS is trained to handle and help anxious patients.   I would call ahead and let him know you are very worried about your visit.

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:47 PM

A good dentist will numb you completely and give you narcotic pain meds if necessary afterward.  The only pain should be the first injection and usually they numb your gum first with a topical anesthetic.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)