Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leaving new cats home alone? Advice please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I had to take my friends cat in at a last minute(her apartment complex caught fire and she's in a no pet hotel).

I've had the cat a few hours now and it's comfortable in the house but my cat does not like her and she does not like my cat.

They are fine when the other isn't around and each are at staying at opposite ends of the house but I have work in 30 minutes.....do you think it's ok to leave them alone in the house for 4 hours?

They pretty much run from each other. My biggest concern is food/water/bathroom. The friends cat has been staying in the laundry room which is where all that stuff is. I'm scared my cat will go in there for food and get in to it with the other cat. Am I worrying too much?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:04 PM

First of all I hope friends cat came with it's own catbox and food/water dish. If not expect your house to be rife with cat piss as one or both cats will refuse to use the box. From there you can seperate the two if you feel the need but they should generally be fine avoiding one another. 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:08 PM
Find something to serve as a temp litter box for the guest cat and shut it in one room away from yours. Make sure they both have food and water.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)