Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical who pays

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
In our custody order it says her father is to provide medical insurance for our daughter on top of child support. I never had a bill before because she had state insurance as a second but now that I'm done with school and making more we no longer qualify so I got a medical bill in the mail. My question is that something I should pay or does he. And i don't believe he does we don't have many sick visits but if he has a deductible am I to pay towards his deductible at visits because that's technically part of his plan.

*side note In going pay the medical bill, I had considered giving it to him because he was thousands behind on child support but I just got a large payment from him to catch him up some so I'll just pay it. But I don't feel I should be held to a deductible.

Just wondering others opinions or what they do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:23 PM

it should be 50/50. you pay half he pays half.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Custody says "Father is to provide medical insurance" Hence "father provides insurance" in short your DD should never have had state insurance to begin with. Now AFTER primary insurance has covered costs for medical procedures any additional fees owed should be paid out of pocket. Whether it is by you or you split it with him it doesn't really matter unless you go backa nd heck your custody agreement to find out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:23 PM
I was told that my ex and I had to split the bills. But he hasn't helped at all with it.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:25 PM
What does the court order say?
Sometimes it's split sometimes the one not paying for the insurance pays it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darcibeisheim
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:31 PM
It usually address medical costs not covered by insurance in the court order.

My ex and I split 50/50. My BFF and her ex is 33% her/ 67% him.

Most hospitals and doctors will bill whatever parent signs for treatment. Then the parent must seek reimbursement from the other parent.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Here, the standard is 50/50 on any uncovered medical bills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Just says he shall provide health and hospitalization insurance coverage

Quoting LAXmom21: What does the court order say?
Sometimes it's split sometimes the one not paying for the insurance pays it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:55 PM
She had it before the custody order and it took him a year and half plus 4 trips to the court house to hand over the cards. I always included her insurance information on her state paperwork and she qualified for it as a secondary insurance.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Custody says "Father is to provide medical insurance" Hence "father provides insurance" in short your DD should never have had state insurance to begin with. Now AFTER primary insurance has covered costs for medical procedures any additional fees owed should be paid out of pocket. Whether it is by you or you split it with him it doesn't really matter unless you go backa nd heck your custody agreement to find out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:56 PM
What about a deductible?
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

SO you don't feel you have any responsibility to provide for your childs health? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)