Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband just deployed last week, and my youngest (6 years old) is having a very hard time with it. She always gets rage issues when he's gone, and it's especially bad this time. My (usually) sweet little girl is out of control, and I'm at a complete loss of what to do when she gets into a fit of rage.  It's bad, really bad. I've tried counseling in the past, and it was a waste of our time. I don't know what to do. 

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:24 PM

put her in her room.

mischele
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Does she have a daddy doll or your DH recorded book?? My son would throw fits and I would hand him daddy doll and put a recorded book on. It helped a lot
MelissaY26
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I've gone thru this with my son who is now 9. You can send me a message & id be glad to talk!
stone..nymph
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:32 PM

She talks to him everyday on FaceTime, but a doll might help.

Quoting mischele: Does she have a daddy doll or your DH recorded book?? My son would throw fits and I would hand him daddy doll and put a recorded book on. It helped a lot

Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Try talking with her about her rage as to why she is acting this way.  Open communication is important letting her talk about her feelings might help.  Let her know it is not okay to act out  but to talk through what may be bothering her.  Of course she may feel frightened not knowing when daddy will come back- She needs to feel that everything will be okay.  If she is out of control you need to gain that control back.  Set rules in your home and follow through with consequences if she does not listen.  Another suggestion is a behavior chart with stickers for good behavior . so many stickers with good behavior and the two of you plan a day together doing something she likes or enjoyes.  Going to the playground the movies or simply doing crafts.  Always praise good behavior.  Of course it seems she is just missing daddy let her know its okay to share her feelings with you but you will not tolerate acting out.  Hopefully she will open up and let her feelings out which are important.  I hope this helps...Keep us posted.

mischele
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:54 PM
Daddydoll.com. My kids have daddy in acus next one are class a

Quoting stone..nymph:

She talks to him everyday on FaceTime, but a doll might help.

Quoting mischele: Does she have a daddy doll or your DH recorded book?? My son would throw fits and I would hand him daddy doll and put a recorded book on. It helped a lot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)