Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o trip to Italy and Spain as a couple??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
In the proposal thread the op said her Dd went to Italy and Spain with her bf. They're 28 and not married.

1) what 28yos can afford that? When Dh and I were 28 we couldn't have
2) isn't that a weird trip to take as an unmarried couple? Maybe ppl around here get married younger but that's very lavish and I don't even know many unmarried couples that go on any vacations period
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I would assume 28 year olds with no kids. And I don't see anything wrong with unmarried people taking nice trips together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:38 PM

My 22yr old SIL (unmarried) just took a 3 week long trip to the bahamas with her BF. It's called budgeting and not being a moron. I would assume a 28 year old could manage that just fine seeing as they've been in the work force longer. 

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:39 PM

28 is not that young to have stable finances, my husband and I are 23 and we have gone on many trips. We also went on trips together when we weren't married. It isn't a big deal, why is it that just because you didn't do it, it is odd?

terra221
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously, you think two working adults with no kids shouldn't be able to afford such a trip? Smh.
morgiefae
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:39 PM
My sister and her husband go on trips, they were supposed to go to Italy last summer but something came up and they couldn't go.

I couldn't afford it when I was 28 years old, but at least with the people I know I was the exception. I had kids and they didn't.
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:39 PM
Not weird at all. My kids all have good jobs no children and save to do traveling. They usually go with their gf. I think you are in wrong century.
KAmamaJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:39 PM
Not at all.

I went to Germany for two weeks when I was 21. I was single, no kids though.

I'm 25 now. I took my two kids to England during the summer.

Some people actually work, make good money, and use it wisely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:40 PM
I'd traveled most of the world by that age- all on my own dime. If they have good jobs, then what's the big deal?
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:40 PM
You must not know very many people. I took many nice vacations before I was 28. With my husband before we married and after.
I'm divorced now and I have an SO. Last year we took a 7 day cruise together. This year we took a more conservative trip to Florida with my daughters.
People can be successful at any age.
Greenenvy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:40 PM
That doesn't seem unaffordable for a 28 yr old couple and why would it matter if they were married or not?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)