Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? But allergy parents want their kids treated like everyone else and not special?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project

The Teal Pumpkin Project™

Join FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project™ to help us create a safer, happier Halloween for all!

Guidelines for Using Logo and Materials

Launched as a national campaign by Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) in 2014, the Teal Pumpkin Project™ raises awareness of food allergies and promotes inclusion of all trick-or-treaters throughout the Halloween season. 

Last year, households from 50 states and 7 countries participated in the Teal Pumpkin Project™. This year, you can be part of an even bigger movement by joining 100,000 households pledging to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project™! Take the Pledge>

who is excluding the allergy kids from Halloween? Not us.  If the kid can't eat a peanut butter candy, can I suggest the parents take it out of their bag>

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgiefae
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:18 PM

I think its a great idea, parents know when coming up to a house if the treats would be something thier kid can have. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:19 PM
14 moms liked this

I wonder how all the kids up until NOW have managed to survive Halloween.  Because I don't recall scads of unconscious kids littering the streets in days of yore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Now, they don't want people giving out candy so the allergy kids feel included in Halloween.  Again, who is excluding them from it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously. Every other kid should not be deprived of peanut butter cups, the best thing in the whole bag, because some kids can't have peanuts. Their parents can pick out the peanut butter cups.

I'm as serious as I can be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:20 PM
I hate the word inclusion. Kumbayfuckinya.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting morgiefae:

I think its a great idea, parents know when coming up to a house if the treats would be something thier kid can have. 

Or....the parents could let the kids go trick and treating, not a big deal out of it and check the candy for giving it to their kids.  Like responsible parents do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Quoting corticosteroid:

I wonder how all the kids up until NOW have managed to survive Halloween.  Because I don't recall scads of unconscious kids littering the streets in days of yore.

I agree.  They always say they don't want their kid treated special then this comes out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:22 PM

I'm giving out Reeses PB cups for Halloween.  The allergy kids and their entitled parents will just have to get over it. 

nononenever
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You're not being forced to join.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:23 PM

I agree but then again, why should they have to do that! We need to cater to them!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Seriously. Every other kid should not be deprived of peanut butter cups, the best thing in the whole bag, because some kids can't have peanuts. Their parents can pick out the peanut butter cups. I'm as serious as I can be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)