Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For real?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
A while back our little family (myself, DH, and DD) had ran into some financial difficulties due to DH losing his job. We went through all of our savings trying to keep the bills up while he was looking for another job but it just wasn't enough. We ended up moving in with my MIL . We paid our portion of the power bill, paid the internet, bought our own food and I took care of the house, we were basically surviving on my tips. As soon as DH found a job she told us we needed to find a place, but we had absolutely no money to put towards a place at the time. Then she decided to take house hunting in her own hands and was looking at places almost an hour away from either of our jobs and we explained we couldn't afford all that. After 2 months of working doubles we had some money put back and she lashed out at me saying we weren't trying, I had $1,500 put back so how was I not trying?!? Anyways she kept pressing the issue, and we were trying to find a place that could accommodate our dogs when she told us we had a month to get out. Well we found a place but not somewhere we can have our dogs, they had to stay behind at her house. I go by their 2-3 times a week to check on them to feed and water them and spend time with them. Well DH's lab has been jumping the fence and getting into the trash and I've told her repetitley that he needed to stay on his runner unless she was going to keep an eye on him because he likes to run off. I let him off while I'm their and put him back on it before I leave so she's the one letting him off. Anyways, she called me tonight saying we need to figure something out for the dogs. I flipped out because their isn't any figuring out to do, we can't have them where we are and our lease isn't up until next July. She agreed to letting them stay their as long as we bought the food and what not and we have. DH is going to flip when he finds out. I don't know what we are going to do
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:52 PM
Bump
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Its time to rehome them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:57 PM
Contact a dog rescue nearby and explain your situation and that you need temp foster for your dogs. They might be able to help. Otherwise, break your lease and find a new place that allows dogs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)