Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Can't Believe I Just Said That

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

DH left this morning to go out of town for three days with one of his supply companys. It was optional.... Nothing he had to attend to get better deals on equipment or anything. But he left and he left to go to a place I really want to visit. We always go on trips together and include each other in everything. But this year he has gone on fishing trips to the beach on the boat, gone out of town, over to friends houses, etc.... He doesn't have to worry about where the kids go nor does he tell me till last minute. Me.... I have to plan and nine times out of ten I never get to do things because I have no one to watch the kids. DH wont do it..... I love my babies but I really would like to have some me time right now or better yet me and DH time. I was texting DH earlier and he sent me a picture of him out with the group he is with eating out at a resturant and beer all over the table. He doesn't drink and he calls it social drinking. SMH...... Of course I said something and he tells me to lose my attitude. I reply back, "Well, I've got three kids who hold me down from doing anything compared to what you do. What do you have? Nothing" He didn't reply so I said, "I'm not mad at you it's just disappointing. I love the kids but it would be nice if I could do some things too." Still no answer so I said, "I have to find someone to watch the kids. Whereas you don't ever have to do that because I'm the one who watches them." He finally replies which, "We need to find someone that will help us on school days." Really..... Is he not thinking. We don't need to do things during the week. I just don't know anymore. All I think about it making my kids happy. DH on the other hand looks for his own happyness it seems. I just would like to have one night out of a month. Really I don't have to have a night every month. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
terra221
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:00 PM
He comes home and you just leave. Simple.
ms_amanda
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Why won't your dh watch the kids while you go out? Why can't you take a vacation without him?
kris1stbaby
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:03 PM
You need to find someone? Doesn't he live with you? When he's not gone, you leave.
DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:03 PM

this

Quoting terra221: He comes home and you just leave. Simple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:04 PM
I don't get nights out either or breaks so I can relate to your frustration. Everyone needs a break every now and again. Next time he's home, give him a peck on the cheek and go out and have some fun. Turn your phone off and go do you. I've done that before
hannmc14
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:12 PM

That stinks! My dh only travels without us when he has to and he always offers to take our dd so I can have alone time if I am feeling overwhelmed. He actually told me I should get out and go watch a movie or just relax and do something in town tonight to de-stress but I didn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)