Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could this be connected to getting her two month shots?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

last week my dd got her 2 month shots. later that night she started throwing up. i called the dr and they said it could be viral. That did cross my mind as I took her to two of my dds events at school a few days earlier. They told me to add rice to her bottle to see if it helped. They also thought it could be reflux. She has only throw up once or twice but my husband and I noticed how more fussy she is now. She just cries more. Could it be connected to getting shots or something else? Also she only threw up once today ( i think its because I was moving her around a bit after her feeding) but is stll fussy. Should I call her dr?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:18 PM

bump

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Hard to say. Document everything, what she eats before she cries, could this be colic, could this be a form of stress or something? 

DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM
If it has been a week I doubt it's shots related.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:22 PM

My husband looked up colic and he doesnt think thats it but we have never dealt with it before. I'm not sure what she would be stressed about.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Hard to say. Document everything, what she eats before she cries, could this be colic, could this be a form of stress or something? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:23 PM

I just hate this for her. I wish she could tell us whats making her so upet.

Quoting DezarooMama: If it has been a week I doubt it's shots related.

DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:27 PM
It is a though time of year for anyone. Lots of germs etc all around.

If she is really uncomfortable you can try infant Tylenol. It may not help though.

What is she doing right before her vomiting?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:30 PM

I thoguht it was viral as well because of being at my dds school. They wanted to see the baby and even though I said dont touch if I turned my back they would. Usually its soon after she eats so we are holding her. The Dr said to hold her upright so shes not lying flat.

Quoting DezarooMama: It is a though time of year for anyone. Lots of germs etc all around. If she is really uncomfortable you can try infant Tylenol. It may not help though. What is she doing right before her vomiting?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

MrsTMN12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like reflux, four of mine had it and still deal with it as they've gotten older from certain foods or moving too quick after eating.
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Does keeping her upright help?

Honestly it sounds either like reflux, or maybe she has an issue with lactose. Maybe?

Do you use formula?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I thoguht it was viral as well because of being at my dds school. They wanted to see the baby and even though I said dont touch if I turned my back they would. Usually its soon after she eats so we are holding her. The Dr said to hold her upright so shes not lying flat.

Quoting DezarooMama: It is a though time of year for anyone. Lots of germs etc all around.

If she is really uncomfortable you can try infant Tylenol. It may not help though.

What is she doing right before her vomiting?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:34 PM
Maybe try a different formula?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)