Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Malicious report to CAS.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
It's really such a stupid story, and I can't even believe I am apart of this drama but here it goes:

My ex and I had a rocky split 9 years ago. It has long since gotten better and we have been getting along great for years now.

My best friends husband hates me because he's abusive and controlling and doesn't want her to have any friends. Plus she left him briefly a few years back, and she stayed with me.

My best friends son really loves my current husband. Our boys are best buddies and he often takes him along with them when they do boy things.

We bought the boy a baseball glove for his birthday, and for some reason that angered his father so much that he sought out my ex and told him I do drugs.

I don't do drugs.

My ex called me tonight and said he is calling children's aid on me. WTF!

I know - it barely even makes sense.

Is there anything I can do about a report being made maliciously? Will they even investigate with zero substance to the story?

I'm so pissed at my ex for getting mixed up with this guy, and bringing our son into it.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:59 PM
I doubt they will investigate. They screen calls out that they think are unsubstantiated and often times it takes more than one report to even do anything unless they believe the kids are in immediate danger. So unless he calls and says "she does drugs AND she threatened to murder our children" I wouldn't worry about it..
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:03 PM
I wouldn't even worry about it, they probably won't do anything about it, honestly. He's going off hearsay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Thanks - I hope your right. The kids really don't deserve to have this crap in their lives.

Really hope he gives his head a good shake. There should be consequences for people like this.

Quoting kmeow: I doubt they will investigate. They screen calls out that they think are unsubstantiated and often times it takes more than one report to even do anything unless they believe the kids are in immediate danger. So unless he calls and says "she does drugs AND she threatened to murder our children" I wouldn't worry about it..
JTROX
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:06 PM

If you've never been called on before they probably won't do a thing about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't. I hope your right!

Quoting JTROX:

missanc
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:10 PM
My ex made a malicious report on me for neglect and then again for abuse. Both times they said they have to investigate every claim. But if you have nothing to hide (I didn't), they will close the case quickly. Or that was my experience anyway.
JTROX
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:13 PM

I've been through numerous trainings as a mandated reporter.  Law enforcement and CPS professionals have both said that.  :)  They may start a file on you, but probably won't do anything unless they get more info than a random report.  You probably won't be contacted.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I haven't. I hope your right!
Quoting JTROX:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:15 PM
You won't even get seen.
mommy211983
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Cps often weeds out people like that. My mil called them on me for keeping them from her. They told her she needed to call if some actual abuse was going on. If they do investigate they will quickly see its false.
CarolynC71
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:21 PM

I've been a foster and adoptive parent plus an aunt. You wouldn't believe the number of made up stories people call in to social services. Most of it is family or someone close who is only doing it to a). get back at you for something, 2) stir up trouble because they like to, 3) because they really believe something happened that they made up in their own mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)