Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm new to pot...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
What's the little hole on the side of a pipe for?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:13 PM
It's a carb. Put your thumb over it when you take a hit and let go when you inhale.
StarWilliams
by 💅StuckUpChick💁 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:14 PM
Idk i don't smoke . Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:15 PM
Why? Does it help me get higher?

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's a carb. Put your thumb over it when you take a hit and let go when you inhale.
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's a carb. Put your thumb over it when you take a hit and let go when you inhale.
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Fire needs air to burn, if there is no air, the fire goes out.  The little hole lets air get into the chamber and the pot burn. I don't use (not yet legal in my state) so I don't know when you are supposed to put your finger on the hole.

I can't believe I know this....

godsgirl26
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Quoting StarWilliams: Idk i don't smoke . Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM
You put your thumb over it when you pull.

Honestly I much prefer rolling L's. It's much smoother, no coughing, and you can relax and enjoy it instead of constantly having to light and take a harsh hit from a pipe. If you're new to pot, I highly recommend you try it. And instead of a typical Dutch, get an entourage. It's like 2 L's for the price of one and less work and mess to roll. 😎
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:19 PM
It's just the type of bowl it is. If you don't plug the hole you wont get a good hit. Like a PP said you plug to hit it and unplug when you inhale. You can always buy one that doesn't have one, it's just air tight except the bowl part. Glass tastes better, though. If all else fails use a roller and paper and roll a joint!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why? Does it help me get higher?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM
It's the carb. Put your thumb over it, get the bowl nice and roasty, then take your thumb off while inhaling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Hold your finger or thumb over the hole, light your lighter & suck, then after a few seconds let your thumb go, then inhale the smoke. That is how you use a "bowl". That's what we call it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)