Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Activities for toddlers?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
How do you find activities for your little kids to do?

I'm looking for suggestions for things that my 18 month old can do. He has already done swimming lessons, and did great with those. I want a more organized activity rather than just going to a children's museum or whatever.

They do have a Tuesday pizza club at the local pizza place that I might start taking him to at 2. But... What? I think it found a tumbling class but my DH won't want him doing it. And there was a soccer group I found but it's like over an hour away.

Anyway... I'm looking for suggestions of activities that I can search for locally. So any question is welcome.

Thank you!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Library group?

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:47 PM
When my oldest was that age I attended events at the neighborhood rec center.
Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Library  story time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Music class, little gym, story time
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM
I had my kids in tumbling and music classes through the park district as toddlers.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Lol, soccer at 18 mos. Really?

Neither of my kids had any interest in organized things at that age. They got far more out of making mud pies and poking bugs than from any gym class.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:54 PM
I don't know mine just plays. He spent 30 min chasing a feather around the park with two kids today...they had a blast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:00 PM
They require parent participation. So it would really just be me and him learning about a ball and how to kick it with other little babies.

But he LOVES sports. Even watching them on TV. He goes crazy for playing with his siblings. And he used to get so excited for swim lessons.

So I thought he'd like the soccer. It's just too far away though!

Quoting shadow_lark: Lol, soccer at 18 mos. Really?

Neither of my kids had any interest in organized things at that age. They got far more out of making mud pies and poking bugs than from any gym class.
TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:02 PM
Libraries and museums usually have activities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:02 PM
He has older siblings in a lot of organized activities and he craves doing it too. He is just so excited to be able to join in. You should have seen him when it was time for swimming! He'd go wait by the door with his swim suit in his hand! :)

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't know mine just plays. He spent 30 min chasing a feather around the park with two kids today...they had a blast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)