Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption DRAMA. What do you think?..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

I feel so weird posting about this on here but I had to tell someone.

A friend of mine broke up with her bf and had a baby. Two years later and she is living with her mom and trying to get to a place in life where she can get her own place but struggles. Well she gets pregnant on accident and decided to give baby up for adoption. She found a family and chose them as the adoptive parents. Around 30 weeks she starts feeling apprehensive off and on but feels very guilty about having those feelings. Around 35 weeks she is pretty sure she cant give the baby up but doesnt say anything because she is hoping that she will get the strength together to go through with the adoption. The adoptive parents threw themselved a huge baby shower and made a public page on FB for people to "follow" their story, and were always posting about the adoption while mom was still pregnant. Like as if she was a suggogate they hired. She is scared to tell anyone about her feelings becasue she doesnt want them to back out of the adoption if it is what she chooses. She doesnt want them to be disappointed in her and she really does want the best for her baby. 

Today she delivered her baby and decided she just couldnt go through with it, and kept her baby. The intended parents met the baby briefly before she told them she was keeping him because she wanted to tell them in person. 

Everyone is freaking out saying she is a horrible person and all of this stuff for not going through with it. She did not recieve any money or help from this family. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:27 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:29 AM
6 moms liked this

It is her right to keep her child.  Period.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:29 AM
I was adopted.. I see both sides. But I would have told them in advance and they should have known not to assume it was a given
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:30 AM

That's the heartbreaking risk of adoption

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:30 AM

I agree. I also feel that it was very wrong for the adoptive parents to throw that huge baby shower and make that public page. Everyone knew their story and it made her feel so pressured, which is exactly why she waited until the last second to tell them.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It is her right to keep her child.  Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:31 AM

After the baby shower and public page they made, so many people were invested in their adoption story that she was scared to speak up.

Quoting thefiregoddess: I was adopted.. I see both sides. But I would have told them in advance and they should have known not to assume it was a given

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:33 AM
ITS HER LEGAL RIGHT TO KEEP THE CHILD
I FEEL BAD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANTED TO ADOPT THE BABY.......BUT THAT IS THE RISK YOU TAKE WHEN ADOPTING A CHILD
curvygurl1912
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:33 AM
6 moms liked this

More power to her. Putting public pressure on someone to give away their baby is a jackhole thing to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:33 AM
I had an acquaintance who did that. I honestly felt that the child would have been so much better off with the adoptive parents and that she was being selfish but it's really not my business in the slightest.
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:34 AM
I feel bad for them but she would have regretted giving up her baby if she wasn't 100% sure. Heartbreaking but I hope they eventually get their baby.

She is NOT a horrible person and they should not make her to feel that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)