Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby still hungry???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I think I need to start supplementing my DD with formula ='( ...she's been eating (obviously right now she's ebf) for roughly 30 minutes now and have switched sides, and in hearing her tummy gurgle =( this makes me wanna cry. I was hoping to ebf at least one baby until they were past 6 months... longest I've been able to is 4 months.. my DD is 3 months now. Idk what to do I just want to cry if I'm not able to feed my DD anymore ='(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:28 AM
4 moms liked this
3 months is a huge growth spurt time. Just because you hear a grumble in the tummy, doesn't mean baby isn't getting any milk. How many diapers is she going thru in a 24 hour period? At this age, she should be using about 6-8 wet diapers. 1 wet diaper is equal to 4 tablespoons of water in a dry diaper.

Have you joined the Breastfeeding Moms group? They will be able to help you a lot in there.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:31 AM
I'd think she's in a bit of a growth spurt at that age. Just keep nursing. Drink plenty of fluids. Get lots of rest (I even laughed typing that) and make sure you remain calm. You don't want baby picking up on your stress.
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:31 AM
Babies cluster feed during growth spurts. Stop watching the clock. If baby is having enough poop's and wets then you are giving enough milk.
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:33 AM
Go look on kellymom.com. Wonderful site for looking up any worry.
allycally
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:33 AM
Id be willing to bet its gas and she is nursing for comfort rather than hunger.Dont give up!
StarWilliams
by 💅StuckUpChick💁 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:33 AM
It's okay she's growing . Keep feeding her . Your doing fine don't give up . 😊
suomynona_amam
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:36 AM
Her tummy is gurgling because she's digesting, not because it's empty.
How many diapers a day? Three months is a growth spurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leilanis_mommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:46 AM
I thought I wasnt supplementing enough to. My mom would tell me to drink a lot of hot drinks, eat oatmeal, soups etc. Try mothers milk to is a tea packet I think,I'm not sure what it is but look it up it will help you
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:49 AM
If she's growing and producing plenty of wet diapers, I'd stick to ebf. Supplementing can ruin your production.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muchlovedby4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:12 AM
Also, try Fenugreek to up your supply while she's in this growth spurt. It works really well. And Google "breast feeding cookies". They're yummy and will help your supply.

I agree with the previous posters- sounds like a growth spurt. Join the Breastfeeding group. They're wonderful women full of knowledge and encouragement. They'll be able to help you with just about anything!

Good luck, Momma.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)