Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘Secret Life’ Creator Finally Reveals What Happened After The Series Ended!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:17 AM
  • 5 Replies

MTV shared this to my FB news feed! So excited to read!

http://www.mtv.com/news/2357517/secret-life-series-finale-aftermath/

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
I.Love.Water
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:17 AM

In case any of you Die hard fans wanted to know :P  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:18 AM
Summary?
I.Love.Water
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:31 AM

Here's what it said/If you don't feel like clicking link.

MTV: Did Amy eventually come back from New York to live full-time with Ricky and John? And if so, were she and Ricky able to rekindle their deep love for each other and/or have another child?

Brenda Hampton: No, Amy did not come back from New York. After a couple of years, Ricky and John moved to New York, along with George, Amy’s dad. The cross-country travel while taking on college was just too stressful for Amy, but no one wanted to see her abandon her dreams so everyone came to her. That’s right, Grandpa George, Ricky and John all in an apartment in Brooklyn Heights, all so Amy could be with John more often while getting her degree. 

Leo used his connections at St. Francis College in Brooklyn Heights to help Ricky transfer and finish his degree, and Leo helped John as well! John started to school at a neighborhood kindergarten and continued in school there, walking distance for John and Grandpa George. Also, Leo got Ricky a job at a neighborhood butcher, and after awhile, with everyone else in the old neighborhood, Leo packed up and moved to Brooklyn Heights too. And Amy and Ricky fell in love with each other and with New York. They married after both of them graduated and were all too happy to have George move across the hall — so convenient.

And where is Amy’s mom? Happily married herself and traveling the world singing in jazz clubs. And Ricky’s mom? She moved across the hall with George. Why not? They were great together.

Amy’s love of the arts led her to a career in documentary films. Ricky does have a knack for business and he and Leo are in the midst of creating a high end fast food chain.

MTV: What happened to Amy while she was in New York? Did she end up getting together with Ben, whether as just a simple hookup or as a full-on relationship?

Hampton: (This part is too long so I summed it up) They tried to see if they had anything, had sex 3 times...didn't connect physically. They loved the idea of being in love with the first person they loved in high school. If they had stayed together in high school, she probably would have realized this much sooner and he would have too. He just kind of lost himself in trying to obtain the unobtainable Amy.

And once he got to the realization that it wasn’t what he thought it would be and that was okay, he became our old Ben again, wonderfully romantic and charming. He wrote his first novel while in college, a best seller based on Amy and he continues to write while pursuing a doctorate in literature.

MTV: What came about with the Grace, Jack, and Madison love triangle? Did Jack end up marrying Madison?

BH: Well Grace is now in medical school, at NYU, and she’s very happy there, tired but happy, and she still manages to see her old friends whenever she can. And yes, Jack did end up married to Madison and they also followed the others to New York where Madison found success on Broadway and Jack became a coach at St. Francis — yeah, Leo helped him too. And guess who else came to New York? Grace’s mom, Kathleen and Grace’s brother, Tom. Kathleen is a fund raiser for a church on the upper east side of Manhattan and Tom is the door man in their building and volunteers as a docent at the Natural History Museum.

MTV: Were Adrian and Omar able to stay together after moving to New York?

Hampton: Adrian and Omar are very happily married and perhaps the most successful financially out of the group. He continues to revolutionize education, and she is finishing law school, and they have two of the cutest kids ever!

(Brenda Hampton actually asked and answered this question): Could we ever bring the show back and do these stories?

Hampton: Oh probably not. Our Amy has become so successful, we would not likely find her on the set of “Secret Life” again. So how would we continue the show? Would fans watch a new “Secret Life” without her character? Would they kill off the character of Amy and have Ricky become a widower? Would they have Amy be the bad mother who just took off? Would they replace the actress and just continue on? What would fans do?

Because this is the reality of producing a long-running series, it’s very difficult to keep all the actors together over the years. Hey, it’s difficult to keep fans as well! So I want to thank all the fans who watched us for five seasons and for still caring what happens to Ricky and Amy and everyone in “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” family.

Sorry if you didn't want to read all that.

Some of what Brenda Hamilton said didn't follow the ending really...Anne a jazz singer...really Brenda? 

She didn't say anything about Ashley or Leo's wife Camille. 

It's too mixed up and weird.

I.Love.Water
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:36 AM

I guess I'll summarize it if you didn't want to read all of that.

Amy and Ben hooked up, but appearantly there was nothing 'physical' there. Decided they had a friends only love.

Ricky, John and George move to New York. (Brenda didn't mention Kathleen moving with George.)

Jack marries Maddison and they move to NY as well. (I don't remember Lauren being mentioned, even though Lauren and Maddison were going to college together.)

Grace is in Med school.

Adrian and Omar are married, have 2 kids, she's a lawyer.

Nora (Ricky's mom), moved in with George. Who lives across the hall from Ricky, Amy and John.

Anne appearantly is a Jazz singer....

Ashley wasn't mentioned that I could remember.

Kathleen works at a church, Tom works as a door man for a museum. 

They all moved to NY, btw. 

They don't plan on continuing the show, they feel 'Amy' wouldn't want to come back. 

It all doesn't really add up to me. 

But hey, it's a little closure...I guess.

happyinlove456
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:47 AM
I found this show late on Netflix. I binge watched it as much as I could but I was excited to see this. Thanks for posting!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)