Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to get out of this abusive marriage NOW !!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
But no shelter will take me because I'm not CURRENTLY get my ass beat! So I guess I have to wait until he decides to push me around and smack me again or beat my ass to a pulp THEN maybe they will take me! So frustrated and stuck!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JENNlEPEPSl
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:58 AM
No that is NOT how it works.

If he has ever hit you. Threatened you. Used manipulation and fear tactics to control you. A DV shelter will take you.

Where are you located?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:01 AM
Actually thAt IS how it worked because I called! They said because I am not in CURRENT danger. He hasn't in me in a year. But the verbal abuse is ridiculous.

Quoting JENNlEPEPSl: No that is NOT how it works.

If he has ever hit you. Threatened you. Used manipulation and fear tactics to control you. A DV shelter will take you.

Where are you located?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:02 AM
I'm in northern va

Where are you located?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:03 AM
Go to your local churches and ask for help, friends, family, any resource you can think of.
blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:04 AM
Sorry, hopefully you'll get out before he hurts you even more. What other steps have you taken beside trying to find a shelter? Do you work? Have you saved any emergency money? How far away is the nearest family member?
JENNlEPEPSl
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:05 AM
Quoting Anonymous 1: Actually thAt IS how it worked because I called! They said because I am not in CURRENT danger. He hasn't in me in a year. But the verbal abuse is ridiculous.

Where are you located?

Then that is a horrible shelter and i would be reporting them! I have not even lived with my ex husband in over a year. But if needed a DV shelter is where I would go.

They cannot turn you away just because they don't like the type of abuse happening.

Are they full?

Who did you speak to? A case worker? Or a secretary?

What was the name of this shelter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM
Family is no help. Nope don't work. But I'm going to a daycare today to see if I can get hired so I can bring my kids. It's 70% off tuition if you work there.

Quoting blessed107: Sorry, hopefully you'll get out before he hurts you even more. What other steps have you taken beside trying to find a shelter? Do you work? Have you saved any emergency money? How far away is the nearest family member?
dizzy91
by Kelly on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:09 AM

You need to contact different shelters, because that isn't how it's supposed to work at all. They will even take people just for verbal abuse where I am. 

Call all over your state or out of your state if you have to. 

blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:10 AM
Fingers crossed, good luck with employment.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Family is no help. Nope don't work. But I'm going to a daycare today to see if I can get hired so I can bring my kids. It's 70% off tuition if you work there.

Quoting blessed107: Sorry, hopefully you'll get out before he hurts you even more. What other steps have you taken beside trying to find a shelter? Do you work? Have you saved any emergency money? How far away is the nearest family member?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:12 AM
OkAy thank you. I'll keep trying.

Quoting dizzy91:

You need to contact different shelters, because that isn't how it's supposed to work at all. They will even take people just for verbal abuse where I am. 

Call all over your state or out of your state if you have to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)