Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to Public school has been a nightmare for my son (UPDATE PAGE 6)**Update for those who want to know**

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:37 AM
  • 94 Replies

He started back at public school almost 10 weeks ago. He attends a great school educationally. It's the dang bus's!

The bus driver tells my son that he "IS PAYED TO DRIVE BUS.. Not to babysit!"

The kids on the bus run rampent! they do whatever they want..

~Including they have threatened to kill my son

~Including they have threatened to shove him out the back door of the moving bus and laugh as he is run over by a car..

~Including they have threatened to strip him naked and check to see if he really is a boy or just a "bitch"

~And now 2 kids on the bus are grabbing his hands and forcing his hand to hit them.. then telling everyone that he needs to be beat up for hurting them..

I am so sick of it!

**To go there and back is an hour drive and I would have to do that 2x a day.. I don't have the kind of money to do that. Financially I live on less than 700 dollars cash a month.. Do you suppose after rent that it leaves a hell of a lot for gas money?? NO!If that was an option I would have already done so..**

OK HERE IT IS

**The public school did something I found shocking and honestly made me love the principle..

She rode the bus..

Litterally she got on and had on a wig and etc.. she pretended to be a new student.. Sat in the middle of the bus.. and pretty much watched for 3 days.. And then handed out 21- 1 week lunch detentions and told everyone who got them and everyone on the bus that should she ever need to step on the bus again that they would be suspended from the bus permanently!

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:40 AM

So take him to school yourself and hold over use of the word including.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:41 AM
Go to the principal and the school board. I see the bus as school property and this bullying should not be tolerated. And yes, I do agree the bus driver is there to drive not babysit. It's his job to be paying attention to the road so the kids get to and from school safe. I hope you get this resolved.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd teach him to throw a punch and stand up for himself. If someone puts his hands on DS he has my permission to whip their ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Contact the school. This is classic bullying.  Have them assign an aide to the bus or to allow you to do a drive along or two.  Get your kid a small recorder to put in his pocket to activate and record this bullshit.

Armed with the recording go to the school board if necessary. Or the Media if the principal doesn't take action.

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:44 AM

Where do you live?

Countess79
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Western Ny

Quoting Spare.Time:

Where do you live?

702girly
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:47 AM

That sucks. I was bullied terribly on the bus through junior high school. My bus driver didn't give a fuck either. I actually remember her laughing along with them at me more than a few times.

I'd probably drive him to school so he didn't have to go through that. If I couldn't do that for some reason, I'd threaten a lawsuit. That usually makes people listen. If you can scare the bus company they'll at least keep your son separated. He might get teased for sitting in the front seat but they won't be able to put their hands on him.

pooh2you1985
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:47 AM
Have you been to the principles or the school board,
Countess79
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:48 AM

I have been on the phone with the principle on and off for the past 8 weeks. She deals with the issues.. but then according to new laws can't tell me what the result was.. and even the kids  who threatened his life are still on the bus..

Quoting Anonymous 2: Go to the principal and the school board. I see the bus as school property and this bullying should not be tolerated. And yes, I do agree the bus driver is there to drive not babysit. It's his job to be paying attention to the road so the kids get to and from school safe. I hope you get this resolved.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:49 AM
This is why I do not let my daughter ride the bus. It's usually between 20 and 40 kids and the only supervision is somebody who's driving the bus so obviously can't break up fights or pay too much attention to what's going on back there. You could go to the principal about this but honestly it's going to be their word against your sons. I think the only solution is to drive him to school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)