Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anybody ever filed bankruptcy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm thinking about filing chapter 7. After my ex and I seperated, I paid everything I was supposed to but he lost his job within 2 months and quit paying on what he was supposed to. I'm supporting 2 kids without support and couldn't afford my bills and his. The house we owned together was foreclosed, the car was repossessed, and he defaulted on his furniture payments and his half of the medical bills for our kids (which I've actually been making payments on those). Anyways, I'm now being threatened with legal action and don't see much of a way out of this.

Have you done it? How did it go? How much did it cost?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:01 AM
We are thinking about doing it and we were told that if we wanted to file but keep the house it would be 350 but if we filed with the house and all the bills it would be about 1500. But I'm sure it varies in every state. I would say call a lawyer in your area and ask.they will be more then happy to help: )
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Well that still doesn't sound too bad. I was told by someone they thought it was more like $3000

Quoting Anonymous 2: We are thinking about doing it and we were told that if we wanted to file but keep the house it would be 350 but if we filed with the house and all the bills it would be about 1500. But I'm sure it varies in every state. I would say call a lawyer in your area and ask.they will be more then happy to help: )
StarLight23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:22 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)