Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't share a picture you took of my dog???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
DH and I attended a pet expo in Sept. A local lady who we happen to know runs a professional newsletter. She takes pictures at local pet events and posts them on her website and Facebook page. I found on her public Fb page a picture she took of my dog which has a watermark of her webpage. I then saved and shared the picture on my FB page. She claims its copyright infringement and that I need to take it down. Um what??? It's my dog!! I never gave you permission to take his picture nor post it!!

ETA: I am neither taking it down nor engaging her in her stupidity.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusieCarmichael
by NotARugrat on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this
If you didn't cover the watermark then you didn't do anything wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:06 AM
The water mark is still there, I couldn't care any less about it. This woman is an idiot.

Quoting SusieCarmichael: If you didn't cover the watermark then you didn't do anything wrong.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:08 AM

She has no rights in this case.  Just shake your head and move on and let her threaten what ever she wants because she is full of sh*t.

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Demand that she either pay you for the photograph or take it down because you didn't give her permission to take it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:11 AM
Oh trust me, I'm neither taking it down nor engaging her in such stupidity.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

She has no rights in this case.  Just shake your head and move on and let her threaten what ever she wants because she is full of sh*t.

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:11 AM

She is just trying to bully you.  Number one, you aren't selling it or trying to make money off it and two, you left the watermark on it.  Do not give in and take it down

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:11 AM
Lol!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Demand that she either pay you for the photograph or take it down because you didn't give her permission to take it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm definitely not.

Quoting ReedusStalker:

She is just trying to bully you.  Number one, you aren't selling it or trying to make money off it and two, you left the watermark on it.  Do not give in and take it down

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Just tell her no ...

But on the other hand she doesnt need permission to take a picture of your dog or post it.

SerenitysKiss
by New York Breed on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:13 AM
Not her choice or dog anyway so she has no say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)