Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did the right thing right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
DH has a brother who's a recovering drug addict. His brother stopped by this morning and kept asking if he could take some of DH oain meds (DH broke his ankle AND knee) I told him I didn't know where he kepr his painkillers(his brother has stolen our medication before).

Well he kept pushing the subject asking if he could use some of my Meds but wouldn't give me a reason why he's looking for pain killers.

I told him to leave or I'll call the cops, he left after calling me a bitch. HE called DH and told him I threatened him with the cops just because he came by.

DH called me I told him the truth and he said I did the right thing by not helping him but MIL has been calling me saying her son NEEDS the pain killers and I should give him some.

He's a recovering addict and I am not sure if this is him trying to get a fix or if he is in real pain.

I did the right thing by not helping right? I feel like I did but atm everyone but DH is against me.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

You did the right thing. Let him get them from a Dr if he needs them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:27 AM

You did the right thing. He won't be sober long, based on your MIL's reaction.

amnd1983
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:27 AM

You did the right thing. His mother sounds like an enabler. If he NEEDS pain meds, he can go to the damn doctor and get his own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
They're obviously in denial about his addiction and he's not a recovering addict if he is out looking for pain meds. If he was in actual physical pain for an injury, he should gone to the dr's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:28 AM
okay thank you.

I just feel he was pushing it too far for it to be if he was in honest pain it was more like he was being pushy for a different reason other then being in pain you know?

Quoting M0M0F03:

You did the right thing. Let him get them from a Dr if he needs them.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:29 AM

You did the right thing. If he needs them, a doctor would prescribe them for him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Thats what I felt

And the way he was being so pushy about NEEDING them kinda gave me a bad feeling

Quoting Anonymous 3: They're obviously in denial about his addiction and he's not a recovering addict if he is out looking for pain meds. If he was in actual physical pain for an injury, he should gone to the dr's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Yeah you did the right thing.
iamme1986
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:32 AM
You did the right thing. Sorry you were put in that position. Hopefully your dh will stand up for you to his family and make it very clear to his brother not to come around like that
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Fuck him. Even if he was in real pain, he could go to the doctor for some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)