Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And parent of the year goes to....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
What is the stupidest thing you have ever heard a parent say about parenting?

"Moving frequently makes young children resilient"

Frequently here means every 3 months.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RazzledRainbows
by Razzled&Frazzled on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:59 AM

To not kiss my 5 year old on the lips. Bitch, please. It's not like we are making out. A simple peck and get your ass to school look isn't harmful.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:59 AM

"Making a child scrub a toilet with a toothbrush as punishment is sadistic and degrading."

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:00 AM
Why shouldn't you?

Quoting RazzledRainbows:

To not kiss my 5 year old on the lips. Bitch, please. It's not like we are making out. A simple peck and get your ass to school look isn't harmful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:00 AM
"I took her to a counselor, she was diagnosed with an adjustment disorder. So I am going to take her mom to court to get full custody, and change her school"

Because, as we all know, a child with an adjustment disorder should have every single thing about their lives changed.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:00 AM
Also, effective.

Quoting corticosteroid:

"Making a child scrub a toilet with a toothbrush as punishment is sadistic and degrading."

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:01 AM
I go stupid breastfeeding advice. Not on here though. My first husbands grandmother told me to put walnut shells over my nipples if they were sore.
RazzledRainbows
by Razzled&Frazzled on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Exactly. But some mom thought it was horrible enough to tell me not to do it when I was telling my son bye and dropping him off for school. I just gave her a weird ass look and turned around. I still kiss my 8 year old, but not in public-he's SOOOOO EMBARRASSED, lol. He just gives a quick hug AFTER he makes sure no one is looking. Oh, so sad! :(

Quoting Ted1242: Why shouldn't you?
Quoting RazzledRainbows:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM
I have a SIL that honestly believes old wives tales. When my girls were babies she used to tell me not to tickle their feet because they'll stutter when they get older. Also told me not to turn them upside down(when playing) because I would turn their liver over. Smh.
RazzledRainbows
by Razzled&Frazzled on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Psh! Oh well, I still make mine do it once in a blue moon.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Ted1242: Also, effective.
Quoting corticosteroid:

As punishment for what? I can't see where it teaches them anything...and if they are smart-they will do it with YOUR toothbrush-when you aren't looking..and then put it back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)