Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today i called the mental health clinic...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Because I'm desperate. I'm depressed and have anxiety. My sister(mental health illness runs in my family) has had great experience with them. They won't see me because I have blue cross blue shield. I really wanted to go to the clinic because they spend a good couple hours evaluating and diagnosing you and get you set up with therapy and medication if necessary. I just need help and feel like there is no where to turn :(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM
HuGgS
K3412
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:52 AM

You've taken a great first step by reaching out for help. I'm sorry it didn't work with your insurance. You can contact Blue Cross and Blue Shield and get a list of contracting providers in your area so you can see what's available. You may find a place you really like that you didn't even know about. Ultimately, your mental health is very important and you should seek help. If you broke your leg or had cancer, you would seek medical help. This is the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:54 AM
I wanted to go to the clinic because it's free and we have no extra money at all. The reason it's free apparently is because they only accept state insurance. :(

Quoting K3412:

You've taken a great first step by reaching out for help. I'm sorry it didn't work with your insurance. You can contact Blue Cross and Blue Shield and get a list of contracting providers in your area so you can see what's available. You may find a place you really like that you didn't even know about. Ultimately, your mental health is very important and you should seek help. If you broke your leg or had cancer, you would seek medical help. This is the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)