Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighborhood on Halloween is a circus.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

It's a gated community, so there are no police, just our own hired security company that will only stop "real" crime, not the bologna ones.

So there's parents that walk around with their wine glasses and do their own trick or treating at each house. Some houses have wine, some have kegs, some hand out mini bottles.

There's at least 300+ children running around and let's face it the main street in the community is about 45 houses long on each side, they are large houses, so these parents don't have any idea where their kids are.

There is kind of an unwritten rule that no driving is allowed on that main street until about 10:00 at night, so I don't worry about cars but what if a kid gets hurt? Falls down? Breaks a finger ?

The kids are in groups of 2,3,4, sometimes 20 kids, but those kids aren't going to know where to look for their friends parents either.

And by the way, it is stressful when those groups of 20 show up at the door trick or treating, everyone trying to get their hand in first.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this
Sounds fun
-OriginalPoster
by -NotOP on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Not your monkeys in that circus.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:58 AM

That sounds like a good time.

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Sounds like a awesome time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:59 AM
I don't know if you are bragging or complaining.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:01 PM
That is one huge gated community. Growing up, this was our neighborhood. It was great. There are probably only 100 houses in my parents whole neighborhood though. We take my kids over there now (we live in the country) and it's not the same. There are hardly any kids out. Maybe every third house has a porch light on.

Anyhow... If a kid gets hurt, they'll find their way home. If they are seriously hurt, an adult or another child will help them. For Christ sake, how do you think most of us managed through childhood?! At least now most kids have cell phones...
katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:02 PM
Sounds like fun! I remember going out with mobs of my friends trick or treating back in the day. My mom would drop us off at one end of the road and pick us up at the other end. We would all pile in the back of the truck. It always made me a bit sad that my kids won't get to have similar experiences growing up due to how much society has changed.

As for the "adult" trick or treating thats awesome! Sounds like by there are plenty of adults walking around and everyone is friendly with everyone. I'm sure someone would take note of a hurt child in the neighborhood.
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:03 PM
That's what I was thinking. Lol

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Sounds fun
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Sounds like a blast actually!
chillemi78
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:06 PM
We're not gated, but in a golf course community and it's similar here. The parents are walking with their kids though. It's a lot of fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)