Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STOP!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Every school day I walk to the bus stop to get the kids when they get home from school. After that we like to stop at the park and let them play for about an hour.

We live very close to the park.

The next door neighbors have a son in the same grade as ours. He's very rude, aggressive, and just unpleasant to be around.

Every day, without fail, when we stop at the park-which they can see from their house-he comes running to join us.

It's getting to the point where I don't want to take my kids to the park anymore, because with how wild the boy is I have to keep an eye on him to make sure he's not being too aggressive and hurting my kids. He poked my seven year old with a stick and scratched him pretty badly one day.

I shouldn't have to watch another kid at the park. But I know I can't tell them to stop sending him to a public park either. I'm so frustrated! I am NOT a free baby sitter!

It's gotten to the point where if we don't stop by the park, the little boy gets pissy because then HE can't play at the park.

I thought we were done with this kind of crap when we left our townhome and bought a house. Now it's happening again, just with a different child.

Talking to his parents won't help-they're our next door neighbors and don't listen to anyone about anything.

Any useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:10 PM

find a different park not far away. or if you're going to continue to go to the same park, don't watch their kid - he gets hurt, wanders off, does something he should - NOT YOUR PROBLEM.  & let your kids know not to engage him either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

find a different park not far away. or if you're going to continue to go to the same park, don't watch their kid - he gets hurt, wanders off, does something he should - NOT YOUR PROBLEM.  & let your kids know not to engage him either.

I wish there were another park. We live in a very tiny town. I've thought about sneaking in another way, but it would add quite a bit on to our walk to be able to do that. I feel like it may be our only option.

two4one
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Every time he comes up to you, tell him to get his parents that you can't watch him and he can't play since he is too violent.

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:35 PM
I'd go to a different park. I know it's inconvenient, but there's not much else you can do. I dealt with similar problems here. We live in a townhouse community. No real yard. All the kids kind of flock together. A couple of the children are insanely violent and misbehaved. Not just that, but they will barge into the house if I leave it unlocked, which I have to if DD is outside playing. I don't feel comfortable with her being out alone after witnessing one of the little aholes throwing a 10-lb weight at another kids head. The parents don't care. They do nothing. It's infuriating.
I take my kids to the park for outside time, and avoid going out in our own yard. Luckily the park is a 2 minute drive, so we can go daily. Can't wait to move.
admsj5
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM
I would not watch him at all. I would also prevent him from playing with my children. Start up a game that only involves your children and yourself and nicely turn him down if he asks to join in.
Or maybe go to the park at a different time of day when that kid is busy or having dinner?
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Knock on their door and tell them how their son acts. Maybe they know how he is and its a way to get him out of their hair.

And maybe they dont know, but if they do know and you tell them yourself, they will see if they arent putting up with it, no one wants to either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Is it not a law there that a child cannot play without and adult guardian? Here you just can't let your kid go and play at a park and not be with them. Call the local Police Precinct and ask then tell them about the kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Is it not a law there that a child cannot play without and adult guardian? Here you just can't let your kid go and play at a park and not be with them. Call the local Police Precinct and ask then tell them about the kid.

I have no idea. This town is very lax on that sort of thing since it's so tiny. I once had a mother drop her child off at the other end of the park and tell her she could go wherever we went, but to stay with me. Ridiculous! Love the house, love the town, not so fond of the people in the town.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)