Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help my hair ladies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I have naturally very dark brown hair. A little over a year ago I got it bleached and dyed bright pink. I kept up the pink for about 6 months. It got to be too much so as soon as it faded I used a brown box dye close to my natural color. I hated it and after about 2 months I got it professionally dyed red. I kept that for a few months then in August of this year I bleached my hair again and dyed it orange. The orange was super hard to keep up. It's faded now to blonde but my hair is fried. It's stringy and really thin. It looks awful. I know I'm the one that damaged it but I don't have the money to get it professionally fixed so what can I do? Help me out ladies.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:28 PM
I think you just have to let it grow. I'm sure there's good conditioning things but nothing can fix it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Bump
Leilanis_mommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM
I have bleched my hair and it got messed up its been 3-4 months and it stull fucked up, i decide i want to do a balayage ombre in my hair, so my stylist said theres this Olaplex its shampoo for your hair and its pretty much revives your hair, they sell them online look it up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:01 PM
What's the color is it like a brassy blonde? If so I'd just tame it out with an ash based toner (mixed with nothing higher than a 10v developer and minimum amount of processing time) so that the color isn't awful if it looks bad, but if you can deal with the color leave it alone. then I'd use a strengthening shampoo (Avalon organicas has a good one called biotin B-complex) but don't shampoo often maybe twice a week at most. Use an organic hydrating conditioner then you can also run pure coconut, or olive oil through your hair just a couple drops in your palms massage into your ends to combat the dryness on styling days. If you blow dry use low heat only.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:07 PM

You just have to let it grow out. Hot oil treatments might help a little.

I did purple stripes in my hair once. It quickly faded and the bleached part was all stringy and damaged. I tried dying it, but it didn't help. I just had to let it grow out and continue to trim it until it was eventually gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)