Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Mom, I'm glad you never had me circumcised"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am the mother of an extremely precocious ten year old boy who always manages to surprise me with what comes out of his mouth.

He came home from school the other day and asked me,
"Mom, whats circumcise mean?"
A little shocked I explained the basics to him (Usually at birth the foreskin of the penis is trimmed off) and asked him why he asks.
He tells me that he had heard a joke at school about circumcision as school and didn't really understand it. He proceeds to tell me a very off color joke which I won't repeat here.

After we had a nice discussion about how jokes about peoples religious views and nationality weren't appropriate and could be offensive to some he looks at me and says,

"Mom, I'm glad I'm not circumcised"

I look at him and say "Yes, son you are"

He gets this look on his face and says "But why??!!?"

Just the look on his face and the tone of his voice had me holding back laughter. My son can be very dramatic when he wants to and he's apparently reached an age where he's very protective of his...privates. After some further discussion on it all was well. Apparently what he had gotten the impression the foreskin was the tip and was relieved to find out it was merely a flap of skin.

I'm still giggle snorting over this one. I'm extremely happy though that as my kids get older they are able to come to me and ask me about things they don't understand.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDukati
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:33 PM
LMAO! Glad y'all got that figured out.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Lol!!! That's really cute. He sounds adorable. I love that comes to you with this sort of stuff :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:35 PM
8 moms liked this

it's a lot more than a "mere flap of skin"

It's the protective layer to the penis.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM
It's good that he came to you with his doubts. Who knows what twisted information he would get if he had asked someone else?
We're Jewish, so my boys have actually seen circumcisions being performed. So they've never really asked me about it. They have asked me how come some people think it's wrong, but that's about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Lol. Kids are the best.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:39 PM
10 moms liked this
Oh, and brace yourself for the many comments on how you mutilated and damaged your son. Because I can guarantee you, they're coming. Lol
morgiefae
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Your son sounds adorable <3

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:46 PM
"You cut it off! NOOOO!"
"Son, calm down...."
Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Think one already showed up lol, didn't take long.

OP...Gotta love some of the things kids say lol. What I used to hate was when they would do or say something that I had too punish them for, WITHOUT LAUGHING!

Quoting momto2boys973: Oh, and brace yourself for the many comments on how you mutilated and damaged your son. Because I can guarantee you, they're coming. Lol

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:49 PM

That is great I love it.  Great job handling that one mama.  He sounds like a lot of fun and it must be hard to keep a straight face most days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)