Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yup I am Petty... But

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

I need to vent!!

A few weeks ago, me and DH took our kids, his nieces and MIL to Great Wolf Lodge.

WE paid for everything, we did not ask for reimbursement from SIL for taking the girls or anything(she never takes them anywhere, if you google dead beat mom her picture pops up) , so it was ALL on our dime, which didn't matter to me because I knew they would all of fun, and I enjoy taking the girls anytime we go somewhere....

My MIL tagged my SIL in all of the pictures of the girls, and even checked her in at the hotel, making it seem on FB that she was actually there, MIL does this all the time when we go places with the girls so it did not bother me...

However last night we were at DH's uncles house for a bday party, and his aunt approached me and SIL, and started talking to SIL, she was asking her about Great Wolf Lodge, asking did you guys have fun, when did you get there, how many nights did you stay etc. SIL answered all of the questions like she was the one that took them, and then finally his aunt said the girls are so lucky to have a mom like you, so I budded in and said well actually we took them, and she was not there, SIL looked at me mad because I pretty much called her out on her lie she was telling.

Her aunt walked away and SIL started getting mad at me saying "Why couldn't you just let me take credit, they are my children" and I said "Well start acting like it, when was the last time you took them anywhere? You are always to involved in your own life and Girlfriend to notice them or do anything with them"

She said I was rude and pretentious and walked off.

I told DH what happened, and he said I was in the right, but then MIL got involved and said I shouldn't have called her out and I need to tell her I am sorry.

Umm Sorry but I am not letting a dead beat take credit for something I planned and I funded!!

WDYT? Was I rude or was I in the right for calling her out?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zombiemegg
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this
No call her ass out! If she has a problem with not taking the credit SHE can try to do stuff with them instead of lying.
If she wants credit as a mom she needs to actually be there for them, not pretend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Thank You!!

This was my same thought process, like it is really sad that you have to take credit for someone else having fun with YOUR children, if you want credit do it your damn self!!

Quoting zombiemegg: No call her ass out! If she has a problem with not taking the credit SHE can try to do stuff with them instead of lying. If she wants credit as a mom she needs to actually be there for them, not pretend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:53 PM

BUMP!

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:55 PM

u were in the right, call the no good bitch out and let her have it

zombiemegg
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
While you're at it tell your MIL she can treat everyone to a family vacation next time and just generously say you footed the whole bill and planned the whole thing since that's apparently acceptable to do.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thank You!!

This was my same thought process, like it is really sad that you have to take credit for someone else having fun with YOUR children, if you want credit do it your damn self!!

Quoting zombiemegg: No call her ass out! If she has a problem with not taking the credit SHE can try to do stuff with them instead of lying. If she wants credit as a mom she needs to actually be there for them, not pretend.

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

This.  And the next time you do something like this and your MIL 'checks' her in on FB, I would post a picture, tag her in it and say, your girls wish you had come. So people that see it will know she wasn't there.  If she is going to be a fucking bitch to you, then be one back

two4one
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Yeah, I don't think I could sit there and swallow that either.

momngram
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have started asking her detailed questions about "her trip". Just to see how long she would take the lie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Are you the same poster who's SIL GF wouldn't let you take the kids to 6 Flags?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I've actually done this before and she untagged herself from the picture 😂 I don't like it when MIL checks her in but I don't let it bother me too much. Now that is found out SIL is taking credit for things I will find a way to make sure everyone knows she wasn't there lol I will literally go out of my way and make my own post if necessary! Again yes I know I'm petty lmao

Quoting ReedusStalker:

Quoting zombiemegg: No call her ass out! If she has a problem with not taking the credit SHE can try to do stuff with them instead of lying.
If she wants credit as a mom she needs to actually be there for them, not pretend.

This.  And the next time you do something like this and your MIL 'checks' her in on FB, I would post a picture, tag her in it and say, your girls wish you had come. So people that see it will know she wasn't there.  If she is going to be a fucking bitch to you, then be one back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)