Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nurse went through my bag

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:52 PM
  • 38 Replies
One of the home nurses that comes in for my daughter went through my bag. Instead of asking me where the extra trach was, she decided to open the bag that I carry as a purse. I called in a complaint today.
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Did she think it was a diaper bag?
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Hmmmm not sure how I would feel about that but not thinking that would make me very happy.

SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:55 PM
No idea. It is a backpack. When I called in, I was told that she should have just asked me. There were two backup trachs sitting on the desk already.

Quoting caustinb: Did she think it was a diaper bag?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Did you say anything to her at the time?  What were you doing at the time? Maybe she was just trying to be helpful, if you were busy at the time

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:58 PM
She should have asked. But if she thought it was the baby's bag, it was an honest mistake.

Quoting SerpentsKiss: No idea. It is a backpack. When I called in, I was told that she should have just asked me. There were two backup trachs sitting on the desk already.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:58 PM

she may be setting up to steal

she shouldve asked knowing its your bag and couldve had anything in it. 

SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:59 PM
She didn't even tell me until the next day that she had done it. She asked yesterday where the extra trach was. I said that it should be on the desk. She then told me that she had found it in my bag the day before but could not find my bag.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Did you say anything to her at the time?  What were you doing at the time? Maybe she was just trying to be helpful, if you were busy at the time

irishUwould
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:00 PM
And the moment she reached for your bag without permission, why did you not speak up?
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Did she need one right then ? 

SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:03 PM
The bag in question is not something that would look like a typical diaper bag for a baby girl. It is black with skulls on it and pins from Hot Topic.

Quoting caustinb: She should have asked. But if she thought it was the baby's bag, it was an honest mistake.

Quoting SerpentsKiss: No idea. It is a backpack. When I called in, I was told that she should have just asked me. There were two backup trachs sitting on the desk already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)