Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler burned by scalding toilet water, mom says

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

By susancarroll2014

By Cox Media Group National Content Desk

MARION, Ohio – An Ohio toddler has been hospitalized after getting second- and third-degree burns from scalding-hot toilet water, his mother says.

According to WSYX-WTTE, Parker Rinehart, 2, was injured when his 3-year-old brother pushed him into the toilet while the two were playing at their Marion home. But the water in the toilet was so hot that it burned Parker.

Kasey Bollinger, the boys’ mother, said she has asked her landlord several times to fix the toilet, which is connected to the hot-water heater.

“It could have been stopped from the get-go,” she told WSYX-WTTE. “This shouldn’t have happened. Every time I look at him, it just makes me want to cry all over again. Parker is my baby.”

Bollinger said she was not home at the time, and that her boyfriend, Matt Henderson, was watching the children.

On Tuesday, the Marion Health Department ordered the landlord to fix the toilet problem within two days. Meanwhile, investigators and Children’s Services are looking into Bollinger’s version of the incident.

Read more here.

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
star33
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Hmmm. Ok. If that's the case, seems like they should've got one of those toilet lock things. I'm glad the landlord will be forced to fix it. Idiot bf should've called 911 immediately.
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Did police go to the house and confirm the toilet water was in fact that hot?

two4one
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

How is that even posible?  A toilet is connected to pipes, not a water heater. A water heater is also connected to pipes and THEN heats the water in the tank. I think he boyfriend did something to that baby.

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:11 PM

that story doesnt make any sense but whatever. poor baby, i hope he will be ok

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That doesn't sound fishy or anything. 

hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:14 PM

does toilet water get that hot??  I think there's more going on.

bresmommy21
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah im not buying the story either. There is no possible way the toilet would maintain that hot of water, it eventually would cool down. Sounds fishy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:15 PM

our bathroom is gated to keep the 2 yr old out since he's not wanting to potty train yet

I'm going to have to ask my plumber when he gets home from work.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:16 PM
That sounds like some serious bullshit. Poor baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I can believe the part of the hot water being in the toilet. When we first moved into our house I burnt my back from sitting on the toilet and my back touching the tank because the water was so hot in the tank. Landlord claimed he hooked it up like that intentionally when he bought the house because hot water kept the toilet cleaner. About 2 weeks later I guess the water heated enough to explode the tank of the toilet while we were asleep. After that the landlord reconnected it to the cold water lines like it was suppose to be.

That being said I don't believe the E year old pushed him into the toilet and flushed. I think the boyfriend did it and that's why he didn't call 911. No normal adult would grab neosporin and gauze to treat 3rd degree burns, you can tell the difference between a little 1st degree burn that doesn't need a hospital a d a 3rd degree burn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)