Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't figure out what she's trying to do here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I have a toxic grandma, she seems sweet and loving to strangers but the truth is that I'm literally the only family she has left. No one else will even acknowledge that she's alive or that they know her. A narcissistic granny basically. I stick around for a few reasons, some are healthy and some...not so much. She treats my girls well and they love her but she likes to buy us gifts and then use them as a way to have control. "Remember those goldfish crackers I bought you last month? You OWE me now, get over here and clean my gutters." THAT sort of thing. I didn't ask for any fucking crackers and if she asked me nicely I'd rush right over to help her. It's her jerktastic, manipulative attitude that gets me. And heaven help if I don't obey or try to cut her out of my life, she'll have CPS over here every day out of spite. I have nothing to hide but still, who wants to deal with that shit?

Alright, on to my issue. I got a job as a secretary at an auto shop, it's part time but I enjoy getting out of the house. Since starting there my grandma has asked me on at least 20 different occasions what the name of my work is and how to get there. It's about 15 minutes away from where I live, she had bitchy comments to make about that. Apparently it's too far away. Now I learned that she has been trying to show up but hasn't successfully been able to find the place yet. She said that she saw a used car dealership and was going to go in there asking for me. That dealership is one of our #1 customers, we service ALL of their cars before they put them on the lot, I ended up having to beg her to just stop. 

What in the literal fuck is that woman trying to do?!? What could her agenda possibly be? WHY, why does she need to know where I work and what is her reasoning for wanting to show up there? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:24 PM

she wants to make u lose ur job. u need u cut her out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Anonymous tip to senior services.

Old ppl CPS I would get her ass put in a home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:29 PM

That would be amazing if it happened but unfortunately she's REALLY good at manipulating those around her. Plus she started having kids super young and is only in her early 70's. People see us out and assume that I'm her daughter rather than her granddaughter. SUPER mean of me to admit but it wouldn't be terrible if she passed away. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Anonymous tip to senior services. Old ppl CPS I would get her ass put in a home.

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:34 PM

look at it this way,nasty granny will be dead soon..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Make the call when they come to check you should be over.

And mention the diminished mental capacity.

After all, you are her kind devoted grand daughter.

If you need tips I can help spin the yarn. AMA

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That would be amazing if it happened but unfortunately she's REALLY good at manipulating those around her. Plus she started having kids super young and is only in her early 70's. People see us out and assume that I'm her daughter rather than her granddaughter. SUPER mean of me to admit but it wouldn't be terrible if she passed away. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Anonymous tip to senior services.

Old ppl CPS I would get her ass put in a home.

Magical_Mommy92
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Bump
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Does she own a car? Is she maybe looking to get free work?

That or she wants to make a scene and get you fired.

I'd try to distance myself as much as possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Oh yes, she owns a car and does tons of things on her own. She mows her grass, cleans her home, she does everything that we all do on a daily basis. She just had her car worked on by her mechanic, she's VERY particular with that sort of thing. So I know it's not a mechanic issue, it has to be something with me. Either she doesn't believe that I'm really working or she wants to get me fired or something. Or she wants to find something wrong with my job to use against me later. 

Quoting MamaBear131716: Does she own a car? Is she maybe looking to get free work? That or she wants to make a scene and get you fired. I'd try to distance myself as much as possible.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I would not want this bitch showing up at my place of work. I would not tell her where I worked and I would not have anything to do with her any more.  period. Stop being her punching bag/voodoo doll.  I don't care if she is family.  You don't deserve that kind of mental abuse.

SlaJack
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:15 PM

This woman needs a hobby.  Other than being in your business.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)