Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

christmas shopping.....are they even??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
DH and I went on a "date night" and went Christmas shopping. We've completely finished but he think we should get our 9 year old Dd something else cause her stuff cost $30 less than our 4 year old. Personally I think they're even enough but want to see what other think. Here's what we got them:

4 year old dd
rarity pony girl
*pet shop set
*doc mcstuffins check up center
*chubby puppies
*peppa pig camper
*stuffed elephant
*dog walker dog
*peppa pig house
-high heels shoes
-bike
-bean bag
-hot wheel track
*gorilla gym to share

9 year old dd
*rock em sock em robots
* American girl bike(for AG doll)
* giant elephant
*chubby puppies
*pop joy and toothless
*shopkins ice cream truck
*dog walker doll
- little pet shops
-boots
-razor scooter
- bean bag
-bowling ball(she does league bowling)
*gorilla gym to share(s)

They both still believe in Santa and they each have the same number of presents but DH really thinks that $30 difference isn't fair lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:38 PM

We have our girls take turns opening their gifts so everyone can see what they got. We always wanted them to have the same amount of gifts so one wasn't sitting there watching the other open extra things. The cost didn't matter to us (or them.)

Now that they're older, we do things differently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Good grief! He thinks it isnt fair because 2 kids who wont even KNOW how much is spent on them wont have the same monetary amount of gifts?????

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM

WHO CARES

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:42 PM
I do equal numbers of gifts but am OK with a $100 difference. I feel bad if it's more.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:43 PM

For kids that age, the number of presents is more important than the value. You should keep the number of gifts the same, regardless of the $30 difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:44 PM
We do same number of gifts
Theresa1209
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:44 PM

I try to make number of gifts close to even.  I don't care if it's exact though.  When they're ripping in Christmas morning, do you think they're counting?  No.  You're fine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:45 PM
That's how I feel. If there was a big price difference, maybe it won't bother me, but $30 is nothing. They both have thr same number of gifts and they don't k ow what everything costs so who will know. DH is i think traumatized from his childhood. His mom and step dad use to spoil his sister with toys at christmas (step dad's and mom's child together) and he would get like clothes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I do equal numbers of gifts but am OK with a $100 difference. I feel bad if it's more.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:46 PM

We do the same number of gifts: 4 each- want, need, wear, read

PJs on CE

Stocking

Last year, my oldest dd's need was $200 and my youngest's was $20...neither of them cared. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:46 PM
This is what I'm trying to prove to DH. I was going to post it on my Facebook but he was like "they're all you're friends so of course they'll agree with you!" So I posted here anonymously lol.

Quoting K3412:

For kids that age, the number of presents is more important than the value. You should keep the number of gifts the same, regardless of the $30 difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)