Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whiny about a wedding

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
We have to go to a wedding at 6pm on Halloween then I have to work at 11.

The woman is a friend. I really like she and her fiancée but I am so whiny and annoyed. I don't want to go. I found out it was late at 6- after I RSVPd "yes"

Halloween is probably favorite holiday. I threw DS a little party with 3 friends , treats Costumes games and we are going to a free party with bouncy house at the Y tonight but mom is bringing him trick or treating.

Idk I'm going to bolt once it seems like a good window. I got them a nice thing off their registry and drove 1 hour to her shower. She's a sweety but I guess the hall was booked earlier in the day and that's why it's late.

Just a vent. Knowing me I will try to speed back and change into a costume on the way in the car like a crazy person.
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeppermintyTea
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh that stinks! It's not even a costume party wedding?! If I were getting married on Halloween I'd suggest my guests come in costume. Anyway I hope you're able to get out early, and enjoy some family fun.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:13 PM

I would never attend a Halloween wedding, lol.

But since you already committed, I'd come with your gift and escape as soon as you can.  

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

The time wasn't on the invitation? That is strange.

I would love to go to a halloween wedding, if it was themed. However I wouldn't go in the evening. Thats when we do ToTing. Plus having to work, no thanks.

tclaurend
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:16 PM
I have a wedding on Halloween too!and they aren't allowing children. We're going for wedding and then leaving before the reception.
haydsmom2007
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:16 PM
That's a stupid day to have a wedding... Like people don't have better things to do on Halloween than go to a wedding. Then again I realy don't like weddings.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:29 PM

What a weird day to have a wedding.  I don't blame you for not wanting to go.

sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Thank you! Yea they did call for masquerade masks.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: Oh that stinks! It's not even a costume party wedding?! If I were getting married on Halloween I'd suggest my guests come in costume. Anyway I hope you're able to get out early, and enjoy some family fun.
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:43 PM
It was on they just sent the invite late. I told her I'd go via text after she sent the save the date. I just assumed it would be at 1 or even 4.

Oh well

Quoting Seagodess:

The time wasn't on the invitation? That is strange.

I would love to go to a halloween wedding, if it was themed. However I wouldn't go in the evening. Thats when we do ToTing. Plus having to work, no thanks.

sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Totally

Quoting jabs54:

What a weird day to have a wedding.  I don't blame you for not wanting to go.

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:44 PM
I choose the wedding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)