Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you feel if your dh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Said he was going to take the whole weekend off work because it is Halloween and he wants to take your kids, his step kids trick or treating with you.

Not us but someone dh knows.

This guy was fired about 2 weeks. Dh gave him names if people who could help him get work.

He found a job. But he told dh this morning that the guy told him they are working 7/12's. 7 days a week 12 hr a day. But he told dh this morning his wife isn't going to like him working 7/12 and that he is going to take the weekend off for Halloween and to takes his wives boys trick or treating.

I ask dh if this guy was nuts because when you are required to work 7/12 , you don't take off unless it is an emergency. Especially when you just started. It may even mean they tell him well we Don't need you then.

How would you reach. Me personally, I would kick dh ass if tried to do that.

Last year dh was working out of town on Halloween weekend. I took the kids myself.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm... Personally I prefer my husband's Monday-Friday office job with plenty of personal time. I enjoy being able to do stuff like Trick or Treating as a family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM

um, is this your personal problem?  NO?  MYOB

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM

I'm not sure what he problem is. Her dh calling out of work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM
My dh would never work a job that he was required to work 7 12s a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
That's irresponsible. It's just Halloween. There's no reason to sacrifice a job just for free candy.
rissat79
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM

It's not your business.  Let that man's wife worry about it, worry about your dh.

.MiaBella.
by Mia on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM

My husband would never do this

firespurity
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I think 7/12 is unethical to expect. I think if you need to give people days off, especially if your working them 12 hours a day. You're probably costing your company a ton of money because people who don't get downtime don't have as much momentum. It's going to lower concentration. I think I'd take McDonald's before taking a job like that. I'm a human not a work machine.
Magical_Mommy92
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:27 PM
I'd love that if my DF would have done that be he is secure at his job and has worked there so long his boss would give it to him with no questions asked at all.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:28 PM

I would be happy. I would hate DH working 7/12's. I dont think anyone should be required to work that much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)