Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking about divorcing my husband so I can get State insurance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Every time I have a real ERvisit, or rarely once I had emergency surgery and Blue cross blue shield always denies our claim and never covers it! I'm so sick of this shit! I had a tooth extraction that they supposedly cover, my dentist's assistant are constant callin now because BCBS denied the fucking claim. What the fuck is the point of being insured if I'm still going to end up being billed or having to pay out of pocket. My idiot husband isn't doing shit to get this rectified either. I have a lot of work to be done and I can't even do it for fear that I'll have a mountain of medical bills! Would you divorce for this reason? My dental issue could very well kill me. I work P/T and I know I would qualify for State aide or even a state insurance for low income

I'm so irritated with all of this
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM
What does te current insurance company say their reasoning is for denying the claims? Or is it the co-pay you are irritated with?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:31 PM

What is the reason they claims were denied? You should have received an explanation of benefits. Have you met the deductible? Are you going to in network doctors?

hannmc14
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM

We have bcbs and they don't cover dental work at all so we pay seperately for our dental coverage which is kind of crummy. We get reimbursed up to $1000/person/year for dental and that is it. Everything else has to be covered either by flex spending or out of pocket. Dental coverage stinks! Gl, hopefully you guys can get things straightened out. We were hoping that bcbs would cover my wisdom teeth coming out since it is oral surgery and they won't cover it so now I wait until we can afford to have them done. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Thank you. His covers necessary surgery/extractions that's why this is so frustrating.

Quoting hannmc14:

We have bcbs and they don't cover dental work at all so we pay seperately for our dental coverage which is kind of crummy. We get reimbursed up to $1000/person/year for dental and that is it. Everything else has to be covered either by flex spending or out of pocket. Dental coverage stinks! Gl, hopefully you guys can get things straightened out. We were hoping that bcbs would cover my wisdom teeth coming out since it is oral surgery and they won't cover it so now I wait until we can afford to have them done. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:18 PM
I had surgery due to a miscarriage rather ectopic, they denied the claim!

I'm not stupid. This isn't about a $15 copay

Quoting Anonymous 2: What does te current insurance company say their reasoning is for denying the claims? Or is it the co-pay you are irritated with?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM
Yes it was an in network dentist. I've gone to this dentist before and it was covered no problem. I had the same thing done

Quoting Anonymous 3:

What is the reason they claims were denied? You should have received an explanation of benefits. Have you met the deductible? Are you going to in network doctors?

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:24 PM

oh yea i had BcBs. they are a bullshit company. my first ex husband has them for insurance, they suck really bad. they wouldnt cover my dentist either. we had to pay the dentist ourselves

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Consider talking to a lawyer who specializes in medical claims.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:47 PM

They've covered me a coupld times with the same procedure. They supposedly said they covered this one too, then I get a phone call that the claim was denied. I'm livid. They are full of bullshit. I told my husband I would be better off uninsured. It's no different anyway.

Quoting DJsmama34:

oh yea i had BcBs. they are a bullshit company. my first ex husband has them for insurance, they suck really bad. they wouldnt cover my dentist either. we had to pay the dentist ourselves

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:51 PM

If in your medical records, there is even an inkling that you have some sort of preexisting condition you can be denied. What you have to do is call and ask them why you are being denied. Then if there is anything in your past records that would keep them from covering the cost you'll have to go over that with them and explain it. It is not uncommon to have to fight for proper insurance coverage. I've had to do it several times.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

They've covered me a coupld times with the same procedure. They supposedly said they covered this one too, then I get a phone call that the claim was denied. I'm livid. They are full of bullshit. I told my husband I would be better off uninsured. It's no different anyway.

Quoting DJsmama34:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)