Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday issues

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

For SS1 and ds2's birthday I planned a birthday party at the sport park. Two rounds of laser tag, two rounds of go karts and a round of mini golf. Top it all off at an all you can eat Chinese buffet. I sent out the invitations and had several moms tell me that I could not combine birthdays because of their ages. SS1 will be 17 and ds2 will be 10. I find it rude that people would think I don't know what my kids want. My boys love the sport park and the place is huge. The more people you have in your event the cheaper it is per person. The boys' birthdays are two days apart. This was their idea. But I have gotten calls from the younger kids' moms about the age gap, go karts are too fast, laser tag is too violent and unless I monitor what the kids are eating, their kid could over eat. Some moms told me their child wouldn't be able to have any fun if it is competitive. I feel like I am missing something here. Isn't go karts, mini golf and laser tag suppose to be fun for all ages and no the boys wouldn't be competing against each other. I stated that too. The teens would be doing one event and the younger kids another event at the same times. 

I told ds2 some kids might not be allow to go to his party and he can't understand why and honestly neither can I.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Those parents sound like morons. We have had DS's party as well as other family members parties at places that had those same things. They were between 5-10 years old. Not one single person complained about the activities. The kids were off running around on their own too half the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:53 PM

That is my thought too on top of that most of these activities have age separations. Youth and adult, so the 10 and 17 year olds can't compete against each other.

Quoting Seagodess:

Those parents sound like morons. We have had DS's party as well as other family members parties at places that had those same things. They were between 5-10 years old. Not one single person complained about the activities. The kids were off running around on their own too half the time.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:53 PM
He will have more fun without them.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:55 PM

I dont see whats wrong with a little friendly competition. Do these kids not play sports or anything? They are going to be in for a rude awakening as they get older. Parents like that really piss me off.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is my thought too on top of that most of these activities have age separations. Youth and adult, so the 10 and 17 year olds can't compete against each other.

Quoting Seagodess:

FromAtoZ
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:56 PM

They don't need to attend if they don't like it.  It isn't up to them as to what you and your boys plan to do for their birthday.

People seriously crack me up.

Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Ugh they suck, your boys are going to have an awesome time.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:59 PM
Ugh sounds helicopter parents fearing for thier special snowflakes. How annoying.
ilovecandy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:59 PM

My DD is 9 and would love the hell out of that. I would have no issue letting her go. I would only have an issue with my 4 year old, because......well, hes 4. He could do mini golf.......me might like lazer tag but i dont think hes quite old enough yet. an dobviously my 2 year old is a no.

But for 10 and 17 year olds it seems fine to me. I would love to do that, actually. Gave me a birthday Idea for when my boys are older

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Those parents are jackasses.

I am support!

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM

i dont see anything with having their birthdays together and the sports park sounds alot of fun. some parents are just being stupid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)